Outlook Not Shutting Down Completely

Old January 12th 10, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
HankL

Default Outlook Not Shutting Down Completely

Using Outlook 2007
When I exit Outlook, it does close down. However, in Task Manager under
Process Tab, it is still in process. Therefore it does cause me some
problems. Is there anything I can do other than going to Task
Manager/Process each time and undo the Process of it running even after it
shuts down?

--
Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

HankL

Old January 12th 10, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Kathleen Orland[_2_]

Something is holding Outlook open. The usual suspects are third party
software that integrates with Outlook, such as synch software for a
handheld, FAX software, antivirus configured to actively scan incoming and
outgoing mail.

Read further he

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm

Good luck! Post back if you run into further problems.

Old January 15th 10, 07:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

I am seeing this happen now, too. the only way I can shut it down is
via task manager, then when I start up again, it has to check the
mailbox for errors. very annoying. a few weeks ago this did not
happen. I've disables email scanning, even thoughthat was running
before with no interference.

Old January 15th 10, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Kathleen Orland[_2_]

If you open Outlook in safe mode, does this behaviour continue?

Start Run outlook.exe /safe
*note the space between outlook.exe and /safe*

Vista: Start Start Search outlook.exe /safe
*note the same space between outlook.exe and /safe*

news

Old January 15th 10, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

I'll try that, but why?

I notice now that Word is also in task manager, too. I'll try to
figure out how that happens

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:17:38 -0500, "Kathleen Orland"
wrote:

If you open Outlook in safe mode, does this behaviour continue?

Start Run outlook.exe /safe
*note the space between outlook.exe and /safe*

Vista: Start Start Search outlook.exe /safe
*note the same space between outlook.exe and /safe*

news

Old January 18th 10, 01:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Kathleen Orland[_2_]

Opening Outlook in safe mode will disable all third party add ins that are
integrated with Outlook. One of them is usually the culprit.

wrote:

If you open Outlook in safe mode, does this behaviour continue?

Start Run outlook.exe /safe
*note the space between outlook.exe and /safe*

Vista: Start Start Search outlook.exe /safe
*note the same space between outlook.exe and /safe*

news

Old January 25th 10, 12:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

funny, but this problem went away without even so much as a "goodbye".

"nothing had changed"

:-)

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:54:38 -0500, "Kathleen Orland"
wrote:

Opening Outlook in safe mode will disable all third party add ins that are
integrated with Outlook. One of them is usually the culprit.

.. .

wrote:

If you open Outlook in safe mode, does this behaviour continue?

Start Run outlook.exe /safe
*note the space between outlook.exe and /safe*

Vista: Start Start Search outlook.exe /safe
*note the same space between outlook.exe and /safe*

news I am seeing this happen now, too. the only way I can shut it down is