Rules and Alterts in Microsoft outlook 2007 using wild cards

Old December 6th 09, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Manish[_2_]

Default Rules and Alterts in Microsoft outlook 2007 using wild cards

Is it possible to configure a rule in microsoft outlook 2007 using
wild cards??? I am using in from field to move the
mails from google groups to specified folder. Its not working. Am i
committing a mistake??

Please assist.
Old December 6th 09, 08:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Define your rule more specifically... for instance, if you use "sent through
the specified account" and make it @googlegroups.com (no asterisk), it will
probably work better than the generic you are using.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Manish asked:

Old December 7th 09, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Manish[_2_]

On Dec 6, 9:22*pm, Manish wrote:
Is it possible to configure a rule in microsoft outlook 2007 using
wild cards??? I am using in from field to move the
mails from google groups to specified folder. Its not working. Am i
committing a mistake??

Please assist.

Dear Milly Thanks for your reply. Please note that the "sent through
the specified account" options is meant for choosing ONLY my own
accounts for sending the mails. I need to apply the rule after
receiving the mails. Tried to specify " in "from
people or distribution list" but it is also not working.
Old December 14th 09, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

"Manish" wrote in message

Dear Milly Thanks for your reply. Please note that the "sent through
the specified account" options is meant for choosing ONLY my own
accounts for sending the mails. I need to apply the rule after
receiving the mails. Tried to specify " in "from
people or distribution list" but it is also not working.

Use the "with specific words in the sender's address and specify
"googlegroups.com" as the specific words.
--
Brian Tillman [Outlook - MVP]

Old December 15th 09, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Manish[_2_]

On Dec 15, 3:59*am, "Brian Tillman" wrote:
"Manish" wrote in message

Dear Milly Thanks for your reply. Please note that the "sent through
the specified account" options is meant for choosing ONLY my own
accounts for sending the mails. I need to apply the rule after
receiving the mails. Tried to specify " in "from
people or distribution list" but it is also not working.

Use the "with specific words in the sender's address and specify
"googlegroups.com" as the specific words.
--
Brian Tillman [Outlook - MVP]

Dear Brian

Thanks for the accurate answer. It worked.
Old December 24th 09, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JasonDBAWilson

On Dec 7, 11:30*am, Manish wrote:
On Dec 6, 9:22*pm, Manish wrote:

Is it possible to configure a rule in microsoft outlook 2007 using
wild cards??? I am using in from field to move the
mails from google groups to specified folder. Its not working. Am i
committing a mistake??

Please assist.

Dear Milly Thanks for your reply. Please note that the "sent through
the specified account" options is meant for choosing ONLY my own
accounts for sending the mails. I need to apply the rule after
receiving the mails. Tried to specify " in "from
people or distribution list" but it is also not working.

Brian,
I am using Outlook 2007, just upgraded my PC from XP to Windows 7, and
I am having an issue with one of my rules. The one that uses Use the
"with specific words in the sender's address. This rule worked fine
prior to my upgrade, and I have about 5-6 other rules and they all
seem to work fine but this one. It seems to me like it is having
trouble getting the " info from the sender's address,
like it is only searching on the display name (i.e. "Smith, Joe").
The rule has not changed, the version of outlook has not changed, and
we are connecting to the same mailbox on the same exchange server.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason