Can you recommend a good text search utility? (for WindowsXP, esp forOffice2003)

Old November 19th 09, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
Hot-text

Default Can you recommend a good text search utility? (for WindowsXP, esp for Office2003)

Yes I Bing my Pc it on the Web
if C:\ on my Port 80 MSN robots Search the Text and Google robots, AOL
robots, .
But that me and it work for my pc, I can, and you can too Search my PC with
Bing or Google and do it all day!
Yes I we all Bing my PC

But do we Bing you? Hmm
with Google you need a good Key Word list and $$$$$
But whit MSN a good text Title can make you #1 for Free and LOOL with Yahoo
too!!
I #1 there to.

(((((((( Can you recommend a good text search utility? (for WindowsXP,
esp for Office2003)
and Yes Your PC search utility that came with your PC
it free and No Spywares )))))))))

Can you say That ?

When you have Time BING or Yahoo ( Houston #1 minpin )
Chick on the First or Sec and come and see me

I have $$$$$$ for Google I not there

Old November 19th 09, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
PapaFrank

I second agent ransack.
Very thorough and very definable.

"Jim" wrote in message

AgentRansack ?

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 02:15:06 -0800 (PST), ship
wrote:

WTF?
I am talking about searching my own LOCAL desktop machine - not about
searching
the Web.

Ship

On Nov 17, 3:47 am, "Hot-text" wrote:
Hmm I for Binging it!!
Windows for Windows.
Microsoft for Microsoft .
Sohttp://www.bing.comis by Microsoft Windows.
Look at this if you Google Houston # 1 Minpin you will not get it the
text
Title.
But Bing it and you gethttp://minpin.ww.com (Who title is Houston # 1
Minpin cam) orhttp://www.minpin.ath.cx (Who title is Houston # 1 Minpin)
so if a Title is just text then I would recommend Bing it........

"ship" wrote in message

WindowsXP Pro
msOffice 2003
Xara Xtreme Pro
MindManager
FreeMind
...} all latest versions

Hi

Can anyone recommend a utility for searching my local WindowsXP PC?

I need to do text searching across msOffice2003 files (e.g. Outlook,
Excel, Word).

(Optionally, I would IDEALLY also like to be able to search files
from: Xara Xtreme Pro, Mindjet's MindManager, FreeMind, plus HTML, PDF
files... but this is not a deal breaker.)

I have tried
- WindowXP's search
== horrible. I have uninstalled it and use the previous version -
which is very slow but more accurate.
Fails to do outlook files.

- GoogleDesktop
== Initially I was impressed, but now keeps failing to spider things.
Terrible at handling archivals of emails.

- Copernic Desktop (v3.2.1)
== Takes literally *days* to spider/re-spider. Clunky & processor
hungry.
Not good at handling archivals of emails.

All I need something as powerful as Google websearch, but that runs
across my own PC !

For example exact phrase matching (e.g. by using double quotes around
a phrase)
For example negative matching - i.e. excluding certain phrases

I am becoming increasingly desperate!!

- Any thoughts?

Ship
ShipertonHenethe- Hide quoted text -

Old November 19th 09, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Hot-text" wrote in message

Yes I Bing my Pc it on the Web
if C:\ on my Port 80 MSN robots Search the Text and Google robots, AOL
robots, .

Holy cow! You put a robot-accessible web server on your PC? Unbelievable.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old November 19th 09, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
Rick Merrill

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
"Hot-text" wrote in message

Yes I Bing my Pc it on the Web
if C:\ on my Port 80 MSN robots Search the Text and Google robots,
AOL robots, .

Holy cow! You put a robot-accessible web server on your PC? Unbelievable.

but did google spider find it?