OUTLOOK CALENDAR

Old November 8th 09, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
THE VICKSTER

Default OUTLOOK CALENDAR

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SAVE MY OUTLOOK CALENDAR ONTO A USB PORTABLE SO I
COULD MOVE IT FROM MY DESKTOP TO MY LAP TOP KEEPING THEM BOTH UP DATED. IS
THIS POSSIBLE AND IF NOT TOTALLY HOW CLOSE CAN I GET?
--
VICKIE LYNN GALLO-EDDY
Old November 8th 09, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillW50

In ,
THE VICKSTER typed on Sun, 8 Nov 2009 14:11:01 -0800:
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SAVE MY OUTLOOK CALENDAR ONTO A USB
PORTABLE SO I COULD MOVE IT FROM MY DESKTOP TO MY LAP TOP KEEPING
THEM BOTH UP DATED. IS THIS POSSIBLE AND IF NOT TOTALLY HOW CLOSE
CAN I GET? --
VICKIE LYNN GALLO-EDDY

What version of Outlook are you using Vicki? I use Outlook 2000
sometimes and it is easy by creating another personal folder and copying
the Calendar to it. Then take this pst file and import it into the
laptop one.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

Old November 8th 09, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"THE VICKSTER" wrote in message

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SAVE MY OUTLOOK CALENDAR ONTO A USB PORTABLE SO I
COULD MOVE IT FROM MY DESKTOP TO MY LAP TOP KEEPING THEM BOTH UP DATED. IS
THIS POSSIBLE AND IF NOT TOTALLY HOW CLOSE CAN I GET?

You should fix your keyboard. The Shift key or Caps Lock key is stuck.

Methods to keep two Outlook instances synchronized can be found he
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old November 8th 09, 10:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
NickTheBatMan

On 8 Nov, 22:19, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
wrote:
"THE VICKSTER" wrote in message

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SAVE MY OUTLOOK CALENDAR ONTO A USB PORTABLE SO I
COULD MOVE IT FROM MY DESKTOP TO MY LAP TOP KEEPING THEM BOTH UP DATED. *IS
THIS POSSIBLE AND IF NOT TOTALLY HOW CLOSE CAN I GET?

You should fix your keyboard. *The Shift key or Caps Lock key is stuck.

Methods to keep two Outlook instances synchronized can be found hehttp://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

How about signing up for something like a Google or Yahoo account -
I'm sure there's others out there too - and synchronising your Outlook
with that...
I find it works very well - and I can read/edit my Google Calendar
with my Mobile Phone and when I'm not on my own PCs like at work
Old November 8th 09, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillW50

In ,
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] typed on Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:19:26 -0500:
"THE VICKSTER" wrote in
message ...

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SAVE MY OUTLOOK CALENDAR ONTO A USB
PORTABLE SO I COULD MOVE IT FROM MY DESKTOP TO MY LAP TOP KEEPING
THEM BOTH UP DATED. IS THIS POSSIBLE AND IF NOT TOTALLY HOW CLOSE
CAN I GET?

You should fix your keyboard. The Shift key or Caps Lock key is
stuck.

Better Brian?

I would like to be able to save my outlook calendar onto a USB
portable so I could move it from my desktop to my lap top keeping
them both up dated. Is this possible and if not totally how close
can I get?

Easy to fix under MS Word. Don't try this under Open Office though, as
OO doesn't support Sentence or Title Case reformatting. I can't believe
those bozos at Sun are so dumb!

Old November 9th 09, 09:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"BillW50" wrote in message
[...]

I don't really know why you had to insert a pathetic attempt at rubbishing
an office suite that you obviously don't use in a discussion about the CAPS
LOCK key.
You really are a MORON, aren't you?
Of COURSE Open Office can re-format text or sentences either changing the
case of the entire selection or just capitalising words.
What makes you think it can't other than the fact that you've NEVER used it?
If you are going to rubbish something then at least get your FACTS right.

Old November 9th 09, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillW50

Gordon wrote on Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:24:52 -0000:

"BillW50" wrote in message
[...]

Because I use change case daily. It isn't very hard and I don't know why
it is so hard for others.

You really are a MORON, aren't you?

Actually no! As I am a rocket scientist.

Of COURSE Open Office can re-format text or sentences either changing
the case of the entire selection or just capitalising words.
What makes you think it can't other than the fact that you've NEVER used
it?

I have Open Office opened right now genius! There is no sentence case or
title case. It only sports upper or lower case and that is all. Here it
is straight from the Open Office help file.

Start

Change Case
Changes the case of the selected characters, or if the cursor is in a
word, changes the case of all of the characters in the word.
To access this command...
Choose Format - Change Case
Open context menu (text) - choose Case/Characters

Uppercase
Changes the selected western characters to capital letters
Lowercase
Changes the selected western characters to lowercase letters.
Asian Language Support
These commands can only be accessed after you enable support for Asian
languages in Tools - Options - Language Settings - Languages.
Half-width
Changes the selected Asian characters to half-width characters.
Full Width
Changes the selected Asian characters to full width characters.
Hiragana
Changes the selected Asian characters to Hiragana characters.
Katakana
Changes the selected Asian characters to Katakana characters.

End

If you are going to rubbish something then at least get your FACTS right.

Damn straight! I showed you mine. Where's yours?

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC
Old November 9th 09, 12:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"BillW50" wrote in message

Damn straight! I showed you mine. Where's yours?

Right here. Open Office 3.1.1.
From OO Help:

1.Select the text that you want to capitalize.
2.Do one of the following:
Choose Format - Change Case - Uppercase.
Choose Format - Character, click the Font Effects tab, and then select the
type of capitalization in the Effects box. "Capitals" capitalizes all of the
letters in the selection. "Title" capitalizes the first letter of each word
in the selection. "Small capitals" capitalizes every letter in the
selection, but in a reduced font size.

See the word TITLE?

Old November 9th 09, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillW50

Gordon wrote on Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:44:17 -0000:

"BillW50" wrote in message

Damn straight! I showed you mine. Where's yours?

Right here. Open Office 3.1.1.
From OO Help:

1.Select the text that you want to capitalize.
2.Do one of the following:
Choose Format - Change Case - Uppercase.
Choose Format - Character, click the Font Effects tab, and then select
the type of capitalization in the Effects box. "Capitals" capitalizes
all of the letters in the selection. "Title" capitalizes the first
letter of each word in the selection. "Small capitals" capitalizes every
letter in the selection, but in a reduced font size.

See the word TITLE?

Ah... after complaining for the past 10 years about this, they finally
added title case. Still missing from my OpenOffice 2.0.4 though. But I
guess we must wait another ten years for sentence case, eh?

Old November 9th 09, 01:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillW50

"BillW50" wrote in message

Damn straight! I showed you mine. Where's yours?

Right here. Open Office 3.1.1.
From OO Help:

1.Select the text that you want to capitalize.
2.Do one of the following:
Choose Format - Change Case - Uppercase.
Choose Format - Character, click the Font Effects tab, and then select
the type of capitalization in the Effects box. "Capitals" capitalizes
all of the letters in the selection. "Title" capitalizes the first
letter of each word in the selection. "Small capitals" capitalizes
every letter in the selection, but in a reduced font size.

See the word TITLE?

Ah... after complaining for the past 10 years about this, they finally
added title case. Still missing from my OpenOffice 2.0.4 though. But I
guess we must wait another ten years for sentence case, eh?

Update: Found title case under 2.0.4. What an ordeal! Could they hidden
it any better? Still missing sentence case.