OUTLOOK CALENDAR

Old November 9th 09, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

Default OUTLOOK CALENDAR

"BillW50" wrote in message

Ah... after complaining for the past 10 years about this, they finally
added title case. Still missing from my OpenOffice 2.0.4 though. But I
guess we must wait another ten years for sentence case, eh?

What do you mean by "sentence" case?

Old November 9th 09, 01:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"BillW50" wrote in message

Better Brian?

I would like to be able to save my outlook calendar onto a USB
portable so I could move it from my desktop to my lap top keeping
them both up dated. Is this possible and if not totally how close
can I get?

Easy to fix under MS Word.

You can't read newsgroups with Word. Besides, you know I was able to read it,
since I answered the question. That's not the point, as you well know.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old November 9th 09, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Gordon" wrote in message

What do you mean by "sentence" case?

"Title case", as described in what you quoted from OpenOffice, capitalizes the
first letter of every word. "Sentence case", therefore, would be capitalizing
the first letter of a sentence, not the first letter of every word in the
sentence.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old November 9th 09, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillW50

In ,
Gordon typed on Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:35:59 -0000:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_case

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

Old November 9th 09, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"BillW50" wrote in message

Ah... after complaining for the past 10 years about this, they
finally added title case. Still missing from my OpenOffice 2.0.4
though. But I guess we must wait another ten years for sentence
case, eh?

What do you mean by "sentence" case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_case

OK thanks.
OO 3.1.1 does this automatically....

Old November 9th 09, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote in message
"Gordon" wrote in message

What do you mean by "sentence" case?

"Title case", as described in what you quoted from OpenOffice, capitalizes
the first letter of every word. "Sentence case", therefore, would be
capitalizing the first letter of a sentence, not the first letter of every
word in the sentence.

Thanks for that. OO 3.1.1 does this automatically...

Old November 9th 09, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillW50

In ,
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] typed on Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:54:50 -0500:
"BillW50" wrote in message

Better Brian?

I would like to be able to save my outlook calendar onto a USB
portable so I could move it from my desktop to my lap top keeping
them both up dated. Is this possible and if not totally how close
can I get?

Easy to fix under MS Word.

You can't read newsgroups with Word. Besides, you know I was able to
read it, since I answered the question. That's not the point, as you
well know. --
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

The point is that it is okay to depart from the norm. That is what makes
people individuals. And when I started with computers, the ones I used
didn't even have lowercase. And what would happen if I was using one of
them in this newsgroup? People would have a fit over nothing.

And since many people have trouble with all caps, I wonder how they feel
about all lowercase? And I bet some would really freak if someone
started using StUdLyCaPs.

And my solution for people having problems with the typed text is to
convert the text with Word's change case. And that shouldn't be too hard
for most to figure out.

Old November 9th 09, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillW50

In ,
Gordon typed on Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:24:14 -0000:
"BillW50" wrote in message

Ah... after complaining for the past 10 years about this, they
finally added title case. Still missing from my OpenOffice 2.0.4
though. But I guess we must wait another ten years for sentence
case, eh?

What do you mean by "sentence" case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_case

OK thanks.
OO 3.1.1 does this automatically....

How? I have been trying to get OpenOffice to do this for 10 years! Yet
Word has been able to do this for as long as I can remember.

Old November 9th 09, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"BillW50" wrote in message

Ah... after complaining for the past 10 years about this, they
finally added title case. Still missing from my OpenOffice 2.0.4
though. But I guess we must wait another ten years for sentence
case, eh?

What do you mean by "sentence" case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_case

OK thanks.
OO 3.1.1 does this automatically....

How? I have been trying to get OpenOffice to do this for 10 years! Yet
Word has been able to do this for as long as I can remember.

I just type a sentence. The first letter of the first word is capitalised
automatically. I type the full stop, (period) and a space, and the first
letter of the next word is capitalised....I don't have to do Shift-letter at
all...
As I said - I am using the latest version, 3.1.1.....

Old November 9th 09, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillW50

"BillW50" wrote in message

Ah... after complaining for the past 10 years about this, they
finally added title case. Still missing from my OpenOffice 2.0.4
though. But I guess we must wait another ten years for sentence
case, eh?

What do you mean by "sentence" case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_case

OK thanks.
OO 3.1.1 does this automatically....

How? I have been trying to get OpenOffice to do this for 10 years! Yet
Word has been able to do this for as long as I can remember.

I just type a sentence. The first letter of the first word is
capitalised automatically. I type the full stop, (period) and a space,
and the first letter of the next word is capitalised....I don't have to
do Shift-letter at all...
As I said - I am using the latest version, 3.1.1.....

That indeed is handy. Although Word does that too, plus convert already
typed text. It sure would be nice if OOo had this as well. Because I use
it all of the time. I don't use it on my own typing, but on other
people's typing.

I just checked for auto formating while typing under OOo and it is here
under 2.0.4 and 2.4.0 too. Although it was turned off under 2.0.4. Also
Smart Type Assistant does this with all applications. STA only works for
while you are typing thought. It can't convert already typed text.

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC