New email error

Old October 16th 09, 10:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ingoloid

Default New email error

I receive an error message pop-op whenever I create a new email within
Outlook. The error msg is:

Application initilizaiton error: Preference Set "Prefset1" defined without
Path attribute

After clicking OK twice, it goes away. Have looked all over google but to
no avail. The only thing I found was it may be an add-in error. But, not
any ifo to go along with that. Anyone have an idea what may be causing this?

TY in advance

Old January 17th 10, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Auto Holiday Calendar[_2_]

In Word or whatever MS Program.....

Click the Microsoft Office Button , click Word Options, and then click
Add-Ins.
In the Add-ins box, identify the add-in that you want to enable or disable
and note the Add-in type located in the Type column.
Select the Add-in type in the Manage box and then click Go (at the bottom it
may read "COM Add ins" in the box).
Select or clear the check box for the Add-in that you want enable or disable
and then click OK. (process of elimination) For me it was the ApproveIt
Add-in that needed to be unchecked.

Note Add-ins of type Document Inspector are enabled using a different
method. These add-ins are automatically enabled when you inspect the document
for hidden metadata or personal information. To inspect your document, click
the Microsoft Office Button , click Prepare, and then click Inspect Document.

Old January 17th 10, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Auto Holiday Calendar replies 3 months later:

Ingoloid wrote back on 10/16/2009:

I receive an error message pop-op whenever I create a new email within
Outlook. The error msg is:

Application initilizaiton error: Preference Set "Prefset1" defined without
Path attribute

Having the same error message ...

snip - a "me too" post

In Word or whatever MS Program ...

snip - describes procedure to disable add-ins

You thought the OP was still waiting around after 3 months for a solution?