Xfer Contacts/address new to old outlook

Old September 23rd 09, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Shortcircuit

Default Xfer Contacts/address new to old outlook

First Off I am a hardware geek

now that that is out of the way

Problem Description:
Because of bing layd off, i put my "contacts" list onto a CD in hopes that i
could use those contacts on my home system (to drum up a new job). However I
get the error that

"Outlook cannot open this message, a newer version, such as Outlook 2003 or
later, is required to open this message.

It appears that the contact list is from a newer version of outlook than I
have here at home.

The outlook I have installed at home is:

2002 (10.6838.6845) sp3

However I typically use outlook express 6 6.00.2900.5512 (xpsp.080413-2105)

and would like to get the contact list from work into express.

Is there anyway to get this list, (Each file is a *.msg file) (or even open
them) into my home version of outlook, or express?

I do not have access to the outlook version that exists at my old
employment. I had assumed that a contact list from outlook would import into
outlook at home, and now it is preventing me from contacting possible job
contacts.

Because I assumed that outlook could talk to outlook, I did not print or
make written copies of these contacts.

Operating System: Windows XP

Old September 24th 09, 01:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Since Outlook has no such thing as a "Contacts list" one must wonder exactly
what you put onto the CD, hardware geek. Do tell us. It would make it much
easier to figure out what you did wrong.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old September 24th 09, 10:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Roady [MVP]

Outlook Express is a completely different program from Microsoft Office
Outlook.
Also, Outlook 2002 does not support Unicode formatted msg-files. That change
was first introduced in Outlook 2003.

What you can do is to install the trial version of Outlook 2007 so you can
open your saved msg-files and place them in Outlook. Then use the import
feature of OE to transfer them.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/