Outlook 2007 - GAL does not show up in Contacts

Old August 31st 09, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JohnB

Default Outlook 2007 - GAL does not show up in Contacts

How do I get the GAL to show up under my Contacts in Outlook?
If I create a new email and click on TO, it shows up there. But if I click
on the Contacts folder, it is not there.

TIA

Old August 31st 09, 02:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Roady [MVP]

Correct, because the GAL is offered to you by your company's Exchange server
and holds no relation to your private contacts.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

Old August 31st 09, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JohnB

I understand that the GAL is from Exchange.
Every previous place that I've worked, the GAL showed up under Contacts in
Outlook

"Roady [MVP]" t wrote in
message ...

Old August 31st 09, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"JohnB" wrote in message

I understand that the GAL is from Exchange.
Every previous place that I've worked, the GAL showed up under Contacts in
Outlook

Sorry, but that's just not true. The GAL cannot be displayed by Outlook.
Perhaps you are recalling a Public or shared Contacts folder.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 31st 09, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland[_2_]

I have to say I've never seen that behaviour and I've worked with Exchange
since the early to mid 90's. Unless the GAL was in a shared public folder or
another set up, this doesn't happen in Outlook.