Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File

Old August 17th 09, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Stewart Berman[_2_]

Default Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File

I need to reorganize my Outlook files. Unfortunately, Rules store the complete path and file name
for target folders. I would like to export the rules, edit the path and file name and import them
back.

Anyway to do this?
Old August 17th 09, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Stewart Berman" wrote in message

I need to reorganize my Outlook files. Unfortunately, Rules store the
complete path and file name
for target folders. I would like to export the rules, edit the path and
file name and import them
back.

Anyway to do this?

No. The Rules Wizard will not export the rules in a human-readable
or -editable format.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 18th 09, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

There is no such utility. The only way to edit the rules is using rules
wizard.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Old December 6th 09, 07:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Harvey Larva

Default Maybe Rules Manager 1.88 is the answer

Rules Manager 1.88 has some promise, but I've just started playing with it. I have 2000 folders and over 300 rules, and the built-in rules system in Outlook is just unwieldy. If anyone knows of another rules add-in, please speak up.

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

There is no such utility. The only way to edit the rules is using rules wizard.
18-Aug-09

There is no such utility. The only way to edit the rules is using rules
wizard.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

On Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:50 PM
Stewart Berman wrote:

Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File
I need to reorganize my Outlook files. Unfortunately, Rules store the complete path and file name
for target folders. I would like to export the rules, edit the path and file name and import them
back.

Anyway to do this?

On Monday, August 17, 2009 8:10 AM
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File
No. The Rules Wizard will not export the rules in a human-readable
or -editable format.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

On Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:35 AM
Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

There is no such utility. The only way to edit the rules is using rules wizard.
There is no such utility. The only way to edit the rules is using rules
wizard.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

EggHeadCafe Lets Visitors Slap Microsoft
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-visitors.aspx
Old December 6th 09, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Harvey Larva

Default Rules Manager Publisher

The source For Rules Manager is http://www.outlookrulesmanager.com/.

Stewart Berman wrote:

Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File
16-Aug-09

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

There is no such utility. The only way to edit the rules is using rules wizard.
There is no such utility. The only way to edit the rules is using rules
wizard.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

On Sunday, December 06, 2009 2:38 PM
Harvey Larva wrote:

Maybe Rules Manager 1.88 is the answer
Rules Manager 1.88 has some promise, but I've just started playing with it. I have 2000 folders and over 300 rules, and the built-in rules system in Outlook is just unwieldy. If anyone knows of another rules add-in, please speak up.

Using Predicates with Generic List Methods
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-with-gen.aspx
Old December 7th 09, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"Harvey Larva" wrote in message
Rules Manager 1.88 has some promise, but I've just started playing with
it. I have 2000 folders and over 300 rules, and the built-in rules system
in Outlook is just unwieldy. If anyone knows of another rules add-in,
please speak up.

You are obviously not aware that the forum you are posting in is leaching
off the Microsoft News Servers.
That's not your fault. The owners of this forum should make that clear.
You would do better to use a news reader and subscribe to these groups
direct rather than through this forum.
However if you still want to stay with this forum then please, for the
benefit of those who access this group through the MS News server (the vast
majority), please do NOT change the subject line. It makes it look like a
new post.

Thank you.

Old December 7th 09, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"Harvey Larva" wrote in message
The source For Rules Manager is http://www.outlookrulesmanager.com/.

Please do NOT change the subject line. Thank you.

Old December 9th 09, 06:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Harvey Larva wrote:

snip - a hodgepodge mess of posts due to a crap gateway to Usenet

Submitted via EggHeadCafe

Yeah, an extremely farked over webnews-for-dummies gateway to Usenet by a
leech site to pretend they have a large community. Their gateway doesn't
know how to properly format the forum's posts to comply with Usenet
standards. It creates one overly long line per paragraph of sentences
rather than physically wrap the lines at 76, or less, characters. It hasn't
a clue on how to indent and prefix the quoted posts. Their gateway sucks.