Transfering Outlook Data to a New PC

Old August 12th 09, 04:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Marts

Default Transfering Outlook Data to a New PC

I've just built a new PC. Currently it has nothing on it other than Windows.
When I install Outlook 2003 I'll need to transfer the data from another PC onto
it, including all folders, emails and attachments in them and calendar data.

What's the easiest and most effective way to do this? Find the PST file and copy
it to the new machine and into the appropriate directory, what?

Thanks.
Old August 12th 09, 07:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

Copy the pst(s) to the new PC
There isnt an appropriate Folder, there is a default folder created when
Outlook is installed.
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

Old August 14th 09, 03:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Marts

DL wrote...

Copy the pst(s) to the new PC

Yep, ended up doing that. I exported all the data from the existing Outlook
install to a temporary directory. Then when I built the new PC and installed
Office, after it finished I opened Outlook and imported the pst file. All
calendar, email and attachments and contacts data is all there, intact.

Only hitch was when I sync'ed it with my PDA it created a few doubled up entries
in the calendar.

Now, I just have to fine tune it, colors, settings, calendar prefs, etc.