Can "Out of Office" calendar items switch on automatic email repli

Old August 10th 09, 11:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
voxstealth

Default Can "Out of Office" calendar items switch on automatic email repli

I am fairly sure there is not a standard way to do this, but does anyone know
of a not so standard way?
The scenario:
I've booked an appointment as all day and/or "out of office" and Outlook
switches on/off automatic replies for me for that duration.
Solution:
?
Obviously I would want to tailor the message for each appointment, probably
at the time I set the meeting, with the option to change/cancel when I get a
reminder for the meeting.
Am I asking too much

Old August 10th 09, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007 allow you to schedule OOF in advance but only for
one OOF period at a time (which may or may not include multiple
appointments). When you come back into the office you can set up the next.
They are not tied to the calendar or appointments - you need to remember to
set it.

older versions do not allow you to set up OOF ahead of time - you are either
in or out and need to set OOF up when you leave.
--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Old August 10th 09, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
voxstealth

Default Can "Out of Office" calendar items switch on automatic replies

Yeah that might help.

Office 2010 Technical Preview with exchange 2003 server account - moving to
exchange 2007 sometime soon.