Outlook on a Netbook??

Old July 26th 09, 03:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Andrew Hamilton

Default Outlook on a Netbook??

Is anyone running Outlook on a Netbook? Which version?

I guess the big issue with netbooks is that they are supposed to be
underpowered for "serious work." If you have a netbook, what's your
experience?

Did you buy the netbook for personal use or did your company issue it
to you?

-AH
Old July 26th 09, 07:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"Andrew Hamilton" wrote in message
Is anyone running Outlook on a Netbook? Which version?

I guess the big issue with netbooks is that they are supposed to be
underpowered for "serious work." If you have a netbook, what's your
experience?

Did you buy the netbook for personal use or did your company issue it
to you?

-AH

My netbook runs Outlook perfectly well - 1,6GHz processor, 2GB RAM....

Old July 28th 09, 05:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Andrew Hamilton

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 07:20:52 +0100, "Gordon"
wrote:

"Andrew Hamilton" wrote in message
.. .
Is anyone running Outlook on a Netbook? Which version?

I guess the big issue with netbooks is that they are supposed to be
underpowered for "serious work." If you have a netbook, what's your
experience?

Did you buy the netbook for personal use or did your company issue it
to you?

-AH

My netbook runs Outlook perfectly well - 1,6GHz processor, 2GB RAM....

Which vendor and model? How much RAM?

Thanks.
Old July 28th 09, 06:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

I am using Windows 7RC and Office 2010 (yeah, I AM bleeding edge) on a Dell
Inspiron netbook with a 160 gig hard drive and 1 gig of RAM. I notice a
slowdown if I have a memory intensive program running (Adobe Photoshop for
some photo editing) but don't notice a slowdown otherwise with other
programs open.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Andrew Hamilton asked:

Old August 6th 09, 08:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

wrote:
My netbook runs Outlook perfectly well - 1,6GHz processor, 2GB RAM....

Which vendor and model? How much RAM?

Thanks.

Toshiba NB 100 - which is not sold now AFAIK, being superceded by the NB 200

Old August 29th 09, 10:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Marts

Andrew Hamilton wrote...

My netbook runs Outlook perfectly well - 1,6GHz processor, 2GB RAM....

Which vendor and model? How much RAM?

While it's not a netbook I am running Outlook (or Office 2003) on a Pentium IV
1.5 gig CPU. It's only got 256 megs of PC133 RAM at present. But it seems to be
OK with Outlook, Firefox, Forte Agent and say, Excel open.

But, as soon as I fire up Skype CPU usage goes to 100 percent and the hard disk
starts getting a tad hyperactive.

I'm getting a gig of RAM for it so that should help it heaps. Presumably the
Netbook, with its gig of RAM already should be fine.
Old August 31st 09, 01:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Marts" wrote in message
. ..

While it's not a netbook I am running Outlook (or Office 2003) on a Pentium
IV
1.5 gig CPU. It's only got 256 megs of PC133 RAM at present. But it seems to
be
OK with Outlook, Firefox, Forte Agent and say, Excel open.

But, as soon as I fire up Skype CPU usage goes to 100 percent and the hard
disk
starts getting a tad hyperactive.

I'm getting a gig of RAM for it so that should help it heaps. Presumably the
Netbook, with its gig of RAM already should be fine.

While increasing the RAM to 1GB is a great idea to help performance, there's a
good chance, in my opinion, that it won't help in your case. Skype has been
known to interact badly with Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]