Emails still stuck in Outbox Outlook 2007 SP2

Old July 14th 09, 08:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
scorpionleather

Default Emails still stuck in Outbox Outlook 2007 SP2

Emails still keep getting stuck in the Outbox in Outlook 2007 SP2. When is
Microsoft ever going to fix this bug? In the past I've always heard it
blamed on plug-ins but my install is very clean (minimal software installed
on this computer). If I exit Outlook completely and then restart, then the
email will send. I'm using an IMAP account. If there is some interaction
with some stealthy plug-in causing this, then Microsoft should be able to
issue a patch to detect proper use/timing of the send queue... at least
display an error or something.

Old July 14th 09, 08:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"scorpionleather" wrote in message
Emails still keep getting stuck in the Outbox in Outlook 2007 SP2. When
is Microsoft ever going to fix this bug?

Not a bug here.......

In the past I've always heard it blamed on plug-ins but my install is very
clean (minimal software installed on this computer). If I exit Outlook
completely and then restart, then the email will send. I'm using an IMAP
account.

So am I. Two of them. And I have no trouble sending messages immediately....

Old July 14th 09, 10:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

All fine here also.
So what pluggins are shown in Outlook Trust Centre?
And what time setting do you have set for mail polling?

Old July 14th 09, 11:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
scorpionleather

"DL" wrote in message
All fine here also.
So what pluggins are shown in Outlook Trust Centre?
And what time setting do you have set for mail polling?

Almost all plugins are Microsoft provided except for Adobe PDFMaker and
iTunes. Are either of these very common apps known to cause this bug?

Send/receive is set to 5 minutes (which should be a reasonable time to
wait).

I would suggest to Microsoft to monitor the Outbox and detect when a message
is stuck. It should try to detect which plug-in (if any) has frozen up the
outgoing message. This is a very common problem many people encounter and
most (including mine) go unsolved.

Old July 14th 09, 11:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
scorpionleather

After unregistering the Apple OutlookChangeNotifier plug-in that gets
installed with iTunes, Outlook seems snappier starting up and exiting. I
wonder if Apple is messing up Outlook.

Microsoft should prevent Outlook plug-ins from silently installing! When I
install something like iTunes or Adobe Acrobat it never shows me a checkbox
about modifying Outlook. Why does Microsoft allow third party apps to
mangle up the email app?

Old July 14th 09, 11:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"scorpionleather" wrote in message

Send/receive is set to 5 minutes (which should be a reasonable time to
wait).

Actually no it's not. That may not be sufficient time for the various
packets to be received and sent by your mail server. Try setting the
polling time to 10 minutes (Outlook Default setting) and see if that helps.

Old July 14th 09, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

MS has been taken to court / investigated over monopoly alligations, if they
prevented third party apps from installing then doubtless further court /
investigations would be instigated by these third parties

Old July 14th 09, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"scorpionleather" wrote in message

Almost all plugins are Microsoft provided except for Adobe PDFMaker and
iTunes. Are either of these very common apps known to cause this bug?

Both are known to interact badly with Outlook in various ways, particularly
iTunes. If you do not sync your iPod or iPhone with Outlook, then uninstall
the add-in and see if that helps the problem.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old July 14th 09, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I've had several reports that outlookchangenotifier is a problem (it also
prevents desktop alerts from working). It's apparently not needed unless you
use the mobile me service but is installed anyway (or so I was told - I don't
have any iToys to confirm.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Old July 14th 09, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
scorpionleather

...thanks, Is there any way I can "block" future third party add-ins from
installing into Outlook? For example when I update iTunes or allow the
Adobe auto-update, I don't want these add-ins to silently re-install.

Vista pops up the UAC dialog all the time to help contain rogue
applications, so why couldn't there be another dialog that detects the
mutilation of Office apps and asks the user whether they want to allow an
add-in or not..