VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Old July 11th 09, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
small caps

Default VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Hi, how can I:
a) pull the query from somewhere and send it by e-mail automatically. E.g. I
want to take a temperature table from
http://www.wunderground.com/history/...sta tename=NA
where 2009/7/10 is the date of yesterday put it into an e-mail and send it
automatically each day at 8 o'clock?

b) if this is not possible, how can I send an e-mail with the attachment
c:\Documents\query20090710.xls each day at 8 o'clock?

my boss wants this automatized, I know how to write the VBA code for Excel,
but don't have a clue what do I have to do in Outlook. Every help is
appreciated,

small caps

Old July 11th 09, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Blessing[_2_]

small caps wrote:
Hi, how can I:
a) pull the query from somewhere and send it by e-mail automatically.
E.g. I want to take a temperature table from
http://www.wunderground.com/history/...sta tename=NA
where 2009/7/10 is the date of yesterday put it into an e-mail and
send it automatically each day at 8 o'clock?

b) if this is not possible, how can I send an e-mail with the
attachment c:\Documents\query20090710.xls each day at 8 o'clock?

my boss wants this automatized, I know how to write the VBA code for
Excel, but don't have a clue what do I have to do in Outlook. Every
help is appreciated,

small caps

a) requires you to do some vba. Here is a starter:

strurl =
"http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EHAM/2009/7/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_sta tename=NA!

set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
xmlhttp.open "GET", strurl, false
xmlhttp.send ""
strBody = xmlhttp.responseText
set xmlhttp = nothing

thereafter, do some string manipulation to cut out the table from strbody

b) Try our email scheduler (http://www.repeatmail.com) which will allow you
to send multiple individual emails, html or plain text, with attachments,
either as a one-off or regularly at a specified time and interval. The
recipients list can be drawn from your Outlook Contacts, a plain text
file,database or spreadsheet. It also allows you to specify the interval
between each send so as to avoid triggering any spam limits on your account.
Outlook is not needed to send. Your machine needs to be switched on, but you
don't even have to be logged in. Works with Win 98/XP/2003/Vista

--
John Blessing

http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software
http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment