Unable to access Organizational Forms Library

Old June 1st 09, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Default Unable to access Organizational Forms Library

Joe Grover wrote:
A little bit more info that hopefully may help some.

While I'm having my supervisor locate our support contract
information with Microsoft, I thought I'd try to delete the
Organizational Forms Library and recreate it. To my knowledge the
only forms published in here are the forms for this product I'm
trying to use. It appears that the problem is only when accessing
the forms via MAPI, as the product's Outlook plug-in can obtain the
forms from the library and publish them locally, and according to
Sunbelt the add-in uses IIS to do this. So accessing the forms
library via IIS works, but not via MAPI. If there's a way to test
this via OWA I don't know what it is.
When I used the ESM to try to remove the library I received the
following error:

================================
The requested operation is forbidden.

ID no: c1030af1
Exchange System Manager
================================

Poking around online I saw others with this problem successfully able
to use MFCMAPI to remove things when this occurs (by the way, this is
done while logged in using a domain admin account that has Owner/Full
Control permissions on this library).

I downloaded MFCMAPI to an XP workstation and logged in as an account
with owner/admin permissions on the Organizational Forms Library. After
having the tool log onto and display the store I opened the
Public Folders. I navigated to NON_IPM_SUBTREE - EFORMS REGISTRY -
Organizational Forms. However once I clicked on Organizational Forms
I received the following error:

================================
Error: Couldn't get property list from object.
Code: MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR == 0x80040115
Function (null)
File f:\df7830\extest\src\mfcmapi\mapifunctions.cpp
Line 1308
================================

After closing this error another popped up (or was behind it):

================================
Error: GetProps(NULL) failed
Code: MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR == 0x80040115
Function (null)
File: f:\df7830\extest\mfcmapi\singlemapiproplistctrl.cp p
Line 326
================================

Does that shed any light on the subject?

Joe

Hmmm. Not to me. I'm setting up my reply to crosspost to
microsoft.public.outlook just in case anyone there has any ideas.

"Joe Grover" wrote in message
Does it make any difference if you try to look for/open forms
anywhere else?

I really don't have any forms aside from those used by the
application I'm troubleshooting (Sunbelt Exchange Archiver). I can
install the forms locally and they work, so if I switch from the
Organization Forms library to the personal forms I can choose them.

When you created the organizational forms library, did you give
yourself permissions in it?

Yes.

Has this ever worked?

As far as I know, yes. I don't know how long ago it stopped
working, I was recently told about it. I didn't notice the change
because I'd had the forms published to my personal library. I
haven't made any updates to Exchange in the far side of forever.
Definitely not since publishing these forms to the Organizational
Library. We've been testing this software out internally and I know
initially I did not have the forms published locally and they were
working back then.
Does it work for anyone else?

No.

Does it work when you log into another computer?

No.

Thanks.