Outlook on multiple computers

Old May 13th 09, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Don

Default Outlook on multiple computers

I need to be able to maintain access to IMAP (or POP3) email
accounts using Outlook 2007 on 4 different computers that I use
and have Outlook 2007 installed on.
Outlook will be setup identically on all 4 computers and I would
like to set up one instance and then copy, export/import, or
synchronize the other three with the first. One computer will be
used when traveling and the other three are desktops. All share
broadband internet via Linksys router but are not yet setup to
share resources between each other.

Once initial setup is done keeping address book, filters,
calendar and etc synchronized is not as important as keeping the
email synchronized, though at least the address book would be nice.

Can I simply store the appropriate files on a thumb drive, point
each instance of Outlook to that thumb drive and then move it
from one computer to another?

These email accounts (and computers) will be for my use only and
not shared with other people.... just accessed from the different
computers.

My interpretation of information at
http://slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp
sounds like it is intended for sharing Outlook files with
different people using different accounts and different
computers. My need is same person, different computers,
identical account setups.

Tips or suggestions please?

Thank you,
Don
Old May 13th 09, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

You will need, at least, two seperate installation disks for Office, if you
purchased Outlook as a standalone product you would need to check the EULA
as to how many PC's it can be installed on
If you use IMAP all mail will be synchronised

Old May 13th 09, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Don

My apologies... I failed to make two things clear.

All 4 instances are installed from Office versions licensed for
use on multiple computers (Military Appreciation license for
Office Standard allows 3 instances per license. I own two copies.)

In addition I would like to keep at least the address book
synchronized and preferably other items such as filters and
configuration settings. Also, if possible, I'd like to simply
"duplicate" the account setup from computer #1 to the other 3 as
indicated in my original message. Keeping everything (literally)
synchronized after initial setup would be a wonderful bonus.

Thanks,

Don

Old May 13th 09, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Something here should help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old May 13th 09, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

Did you not post something similar a few days ago?

Using an Imap account all mail will be in sync, by default
Trying to copy various settings from one to the other can be fraught
You will likely have to make other arrangements for calendar / Contacts
(as per Brian's direction to slipstick)

Old May 13th 09, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Mayson

If you use Exchange you can keep your contacts and calendar on the server.
Downside is if one of your machines is a laptop and you're offline you
won't be able to see either.

John

--
John Mayson
Austin, Texas, USA
Old June 5th 09, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Laura Rooke

I am using SynchPST to keep the info from OUTLOOK on multiple computers in sync. It seems to work really well.

--
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices