Unread mail not showing up in Inbox - Outlook 2007

Old April 29th 09, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Unread mail not showing up in Inbox - Outlook 2007

Hi,

My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook
shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My
Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent
emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the
"From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are
appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear
using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not
affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose.

Also, some additional information you may want find relevant is that
my PST file is stored on a file server and I am using Outlook 2007.

Thanks so much for your help.

Ayaz
Old April 30th 09, 12:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

wrote in message

My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook
shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My
Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent
emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the
"From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are
appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear
using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not
affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose.

The Unread Mail folder is a search folder which will show you the unread mail
items in all of your folders that hold mail items. Open the Unread Mail
folder and examine the "In Folder" column. Perhaps folders other than "Inbox"
will show there.

Also, some additional information you may want find relevant is that
my PST file is stored on a file server and I am using Outlook 2007.

It's a bad idea to have PSTs on a file server. It's not supported and can
lead to data loss and PST corruption. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297019/
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]