keeps sending same e-mail

Old March 21st 06, 11:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rie Rie

Default keeps sending same e-mail

Over the past few days my e-mail when trying to send a message with an
attachment stays in the outbox but the people I am sending it to
receive it every minute until I delete the message manually. I had sent
a message Sunday and was away for a few days and my friend received the
same e-mail over a 1000 times until I came home a few days later!

Not sure if this is related but this has only started happening since I
installed Spam fighter software.

Please can someone help me?

Old March 21st 06, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Rie Rie wrote:

Over the past few days my e-mail when trying to send a message with an
attachment stays in the outbox but the people I am sending it to
receive it every minute until I delete the message manually. I had
sent a message Sunday and was away for a few days and my friend
received the same e-mail over a 1000 times until I came home a few
days later!

Not sure if this is related but this has only started happening since
I installed Spam fighter software.

This is symptomatic of something scanning your outgoing mail, like an
antivirus scanner. Disable scanning mail and see if that changes things.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 21st 06, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rose

You know, I have occassionally had the same problem (not with 1000
deliveries though) and it was also with attachments. Thanks for letting us
know how to fix it. Is there any particular reason that happens? Shouldn't
the email be scanned, deemed safe and just go on its merry way but not
repeat itself?

Thanks though.
Rose

Old March 21st 06, 07:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Rose wrote:

You know, I have occassionally had the same problem (not with 1000
deliveries though) and it was also with attachments. Thanks for
letting us know how to fix it. Is there any particular reason that
happens?

Timing issues with the scanning process.

Shouldn't the email be scanned, deemed safe and just go on
its merry way but not repeat itself?

Ideally, sure, but in reality it often doesn't work that way.
--
Brian Tillman