Outlook Update Will Not Install - Help....

Old March 5th 09, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Spike9458[_2_]

Default Outlook Update Will Not Install - Help....

Hi All,

The Outlook junkmail filter update that came out last month
(kb959634) flat out refuses to update. I am using Office 2007 Pro SP1
on a Vista SP1 OS.

I have tried almost everything I have found online. Interesting note
- when I try to do a repair install to Outlook, it too fails to
finish.

Other updates seem to install just fine, but I get the error
80070641, and a couple of times I got 80070643 (after trying some
repair things I found through google).

I don't mind wiping my disk and reinstalling everything, but I would
rather know why this update won't install first, and why I am
unsuccessful at repairing the Office 2007 installation. Other updates
install around this one with no problems, this one always returns a
failed error.

Thanks in advance for any insight to this crazy issue.

--Jim
Old March 5th 09, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Spike9458[_2_]

As an add on to my op, the eventviewer gives me 2 Outlook errors when
I try to install the update:

1. Error 34 - Failed to get the Crawl Scope Manager with
error=0x8001010d
2. Error 35 - Failed to determine if the store is in the crawl scope
(error=0x8001010d)

Thanks,

--Jim
Old March 5th 09, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Spike9458" wrote in message

The Outlook junkmail filter update that came out last month
(kb959634) flat out refuses to update. I am using Office 2007 Pro SP1
on a Vista SP1 OS.

Odd. I have a system with both of those and it installed just fine.

I have tried almost everything I have found online. Interesting note
- when I try to do a repair install to Outlook, it too fails to
finish.

Googling this problem indicates that updating to WDS 4.0 can cure the problem.
It is a Windows Desktop Search error.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 7th 09, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Spike9458[_2_]

On Mar 5, 9:03*am, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
wrote:
"Spike9458" wrote in message

*The Outlook junkmail filter update that came out last month
(kb959634) flat out refuses to update. I am using Office 2007 Pro SP1
on a Vista SP1 OS.

Odd. *I have a system with both of those and it installed just fine.

*I have tried almost everything I have found online. Interesting note
- when I try to do a repair install to Outlook, it too fails to
finish.

Googling this problem indicates that updating to WDS 4.0 can cure the problem.
It is a Windows Desktop Search error.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I couldn't find this post
to reply to ( I was in the wrong group ).

Anyway, I uninstalled and reinstalled the WDS 4.0 with no change in
results. I'm sure yours installed just fine, but mine will not. I am
thinking there must be something wrong with the Office 2007
installation since it is not able to complete a repair.

I am going to try a clean boot and try to install the update that way.
I'll post back my results and any other tricks I try.

Thanks for your attention in this matter.

--Jim