Outlook 2002 won't remove email from bellsouth's server.

Old February 2nd 06, 12:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Outlook 2002 won't remove email from bellsouth's server.

Hello group,
My Situation:
Dell Dimension 4400
Pen-4 1.6-hertz. CPU, 384mb DDR Ram, a New 40g Hard Drive.

2 weeks ago did a clean install of my OS- Win_XP Home with the
downloaded SP2 & all the current Critical Updates.
Same thing with Office XP (fully updated) which contains Outlook 2002.

My Firewall is Win_XP (sp2) version, AV is Avast4 Free Home version
(updated).

Other important programs i use are have Spybot S & D, Spyblaster,
A-squared, AdWare SE, & i use Windows "Host" file system.
Everything works beautifully except for my Outlook 2002 setup with
bellsouth.net DSL account.
I have set-up the account as prescribed by Bellsouth.
Pop3, in & out server addresses (mail.bellsouth.net) & i have
'unchecked' the "leave email messages on the server" radio button
option (as specified).
Yet, i get daily warning email(s) from bellsouth.net stating "my Email
Box is almost full".
I go & check the Bellsouth Webmail account & there are still email
messages on their server even after my 'puter downloaded them.
Bellsouth techs tell me "it is a Outlook 2002 problem".
So that why i ask for help in this ng.

Please help,

Seedy

Old February 2nd 06, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

are you using an antivirus or antispam scanner on incoming email? If so,
disable it. How often are you doing automatic checks for new mail? Set it
for at least 10 min.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

ups.com...

Old February 3rd 06, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Thanks for suggestions.
Auto mail checks set for every 1 minute. Will change to 10 min.
Ok, I will disable Avast4 Home Email scanner too.

Seedy

Old February 3rd 06, 03:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

set it high enough the first time to get all mail before the next check
kicks in - then you can lower it to 8-10 min. 1 min is too low, but if your
mail is light and you have a fast connection, 5 min should work ok and give
it time to get everything off and updated before the next send and receive
kicks in.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

oups.com...

Old February 6th 06, 10:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Thank you,
Problem fixed through your advise & suggestions.
Seedy