search remote calendars with Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook 11

Old January 28th 09, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
entvex

Default search remote calendars with Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook 11

Hello!

I am trying to write a web application that allow me to search and
view outlook 2003 calendars.

so far I have only been able to read my own calendar information via
the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook 11 in a console application.

do any one have an idea of how I could search other peoples calendar ?
and how to do it in a console application would be fine too Smile

so what I am trying to do is really

1. logon a outlook account

2. read other peoples calendar -- where I am

3. upload the results to a web application so other can view them and
search them

Thanks in advance
Old January 28th 09, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Programming questions like this should be posted in a programming group such
as microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or .program_addins.

Any code that tries to run with the Outlook object model must obviously have
Outlook installed, that goes for Web code as well. In addition the user
Windows logon there must have permissions to log into Exchange server if
Exchange is involved. That user must have permissions to log into any
mailbox that has to be accessed. If this involves PST files then those files
must be accessible to the code and they can't be opened by Outlook, so
Outlook can't be running on those PST files (access to PST files over a
network isn't supported and may cause corruption).

So you need Outlook installed, it must be running locally where the code is
running and you need logon permissions to the mailboxes or they can be
default calendars that have permissions on them allowing them to be opened
using the NameSpace.GetSharedDefaultFolder().

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]