calendar & contacts files

Old March 17th 06, 12:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Paul Robinson

Default calendar & contacts files

Hi,
can anyone help please?
I'd ideally like to update my calendar & contacts in Outlook 2003, which
I do, but then e mail that file to work so I can save it into Outlook
2003 at work with the updated info.

Is this poss, and if so how do I do it please?

Paul
--
Paul Robinson
Old March 17th 06, 09:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Try this:
- on your home computer update the info you want then create a new PST file
using the File menu New Outlook Data File command
- drag/drop the info you need to it
- right click on the root of the new set of folder and choose Close
- exit Outlook
- mail or copy the PST file you just created on to some sort of media to get
it to the office
- once you're in the office save the PST file from the email you sent or
copy the PST file from the media and make sure it's not marked Read Only in
its file properties (right click on it in My Computer and choose Properties
to check)
- Start Outlook
- Open the PST file using the File menu Open Outlook Data File command
- Drag/Drop the data you want into your normal folders
- Close the PST

news