Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Making task reminders NOT the default (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/841-making-task-reminders-not-default.html)

Charles Lewis February 1st 06 10:35 PM

Making task reminders NOT the default

Is there a way to change the default when setting up a dated task? I really
don't need reminders in normal conditions, since I check my task list every
morning. I know I could turn off reminders all together, but there are a few
occasions when I do want one, so what I need is a way for the checkmark on
the task window to appear only when I actually check it.

Is this possible?

Charles

Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook February 2nd 06 10:30 AM

Making task reminders NOT the default

You can turn off default reminders for Tasks and use them only sometimes.
(Just as you can with meetings).

You fail to mention your version - the setting is in different places
depending on your version.

Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook]
Acorn Training and Consulting
www.acorntraining.com.au

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!