How to put a calendar in an Exchange Public Folder?

Old November 14th 08, 03:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.outlook
Spin[_2_]

Default How to put a calendar in an Exchange Public Folder?

Gurus,

I run Exchange 2003, and wanted to know if you could build/place a calendar
under a Public Folder and if so, how to do that. I've used Exchange before
but not very much at Public Folders.

--
Spin

Old November 14th 08, 04:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Sure. You just need to create a folder under the public folder tree - right
click on the folder where you want it and choose new folder, just like you
do to create folders in the mailbox. Some admins block users from creating
folders.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old November 14th 08, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Spin wrote:
Gurus,

I run Exchange 2003, and wanted to know if you could build/place a
calendar under a Public Folder and if so, how to do that. I've used
Exchange before but not very much at Public Folders.

To add to Diane's reply - you have to do this in Outlook, not in Exchange
System Manager. You should check the permissions (who has rights to create
top-level folders) in ESM, though. I like to create a top-level folder
called "Company Name" or something, and grant permissions under there,
instead of at the root.