Hidden Outlook

Old October 13th 08, 08:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Margaret Bartley

Default Hidden Outlook

I have Outlook 2003 on Windows XP, Media Edition SP2

Sometimes I have a hidden session of Outlook. I can see it in my Windows
Task Manager window.

If Outlook is open, I'll have Outlook listed twice in the processes.

When I close Outlook, if I look in the Task Manager, it will show an Outlook
session still running.

I can't figure out what causes this. Could it happen from double-clicking
on the Outlook icon in the Taskbar?

Old November 10th 08, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click
either the X or Exit:

1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle.
2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support
for an alleged fix.
3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus!
4. COM Add-ins.
5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background
to check for new mail and fire reminders.
6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan incoming and outgoing
mail.
7. Skype add-in, check for the latest version.
8. Infuzer add-in.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Margaret Bartley asked: