Seeing others tasks

Old November 4th 08, 02:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Nicklas Due [AKS]

Default Seeing others tasks

Hey..
I have a small dilemma.. I need to be able to see another collegue's tasks,
but without being able to see his emails.. Is it possible to do this?

We have an exchange server and i have been looking everywhere in the AD but
i cannot find anything. The closest i get, is giving my self permission to
see everything. But thats not what i needed. So if anyone knows how to do
this, or if it is possible, share your knowledge with me :-)
--

Regards,
Nicklas Due
Old November 4th 08, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Nicklas Due [AKS] wrote:
Hey..
I have a small dilemma.. I need to be able to see another collegue's
tasks, but without being able to see his emails.. Is it possible to
do this?

We have an exchange server and i have been looking everywhere in the
AD but i cannot find anything. The closest i get, is giving my self
permission to see everything. But thats not what i needed. So if
anyone knows how to do this, or if it is possible, share your
knowledge with me :-)

Have your colleague grant you Reviewer permissions to the root mailbox
folder, and then grant the appropriate permissions to Tasks. then in your
Outlook add his mailbox to your profile (you haven't provided the version,
which makes a difference). IIRC you should see only the folders you have
access to when you expand his mailbox in your folder list.

Old November 4th 08, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You need permission to the mailbox (top level folder) and to the folders he
wants you to see. If you don't have permission for mail folders, you won't
see his mail.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Nicklas Due [AKS]" wrote in
message ...

Old November 5th 08, 07:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Nicklas Due [AKS]

Can you explain me the steps? I have been looking everywhere, and my boss (Im
the IT-intern, so i'm quite new to the exchange systems) (by the way, it's
Outlook 2003)
--
Working man.. Or..

Old November 5th 08, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.htm for the steps needed
to give the correct permissions.

Old November 6th 08, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Nicklas Due [AKS]

Thansk for the link, helped me. Though i still have one problem. I can see
the tasks now, but i get the inbox as well. I need to see the tasks WITHOUT
the inbox. If that is possible.. :-)

Old November 6th 08, 07:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Nicklas Due [AKS]

Found the solution! :-) And it could not be any more simple.

I followed the steps that you(Diane) gave me, but only the first ones that
gave me permission to see the tasks. Then i went to Files-open-Other users
folder- chose the user, and selected tasks. And then i had them :-)