Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/81190-major-flaw-outlook-2007-emails.html)

scorpionleather November 3rd 08 10:15 PM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

There is a major bug in Outlook 2007 whereby the emails get stuck in the
Outbox and I'm not aware that they are stuck, unless I check the Outbox
folder. I searched this on Google and LOTS of others are having the EXACT
same problem. I'm running on Vista x64, very latest updates, otherwise
stable system and everything is about as plain-vanilla about my setup as can
possibly be. Is Microsoft interested in fixing this or just going to ignore
it?

DL November 3rd 08 10:43 PM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

Its not a bug with Outlook, its caused by something on your system, often a
third party antivirus application

scorpionleather November 3rd 08 10:58 PM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

My AntiVirus software is NOD32 v2.7. I just unchecked the "scan outgoing
email" box and will see if it happens again. Thanks for the tip DL. But
since this is such a common problem then AntiVirus software makers should
start talking with Microsoft about making better hooks into the API.

just bob November 3rd 08 11:54 PM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

"scorpionleather" wrote in message
There is a major bug in Outlook 2007 whereby the emails get stuck in the
Outbox and I'm not aware that they are stuck, unless I check the Outbox
folder. I searched this on Google and LOTS of others are having the EXACT
same problem. I'm running on Vista x64, very latest updates, otherwise
stable system and everything is about as plain-vanilla about my setup as
can possibly be. Is Microsoft interested in fixing this or just going to
ignore it?

When you close outlook does it not warn you there is something stuck in your
outbox?

scorpionleather November 4th 08 12:38 AM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

"just bob" wrote
When you close outlook does it not warn you there is something stuck in
your outbox?

Yes it does but that warning is often useless, because I don't close
Outlook, I leave it running all the time like most other people do. Then
two days later, when wonder why people aren't responding, I realize a whole
bunch of emails are stuck. Nice.

scorpionleather November 4th 08 12:55 AM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

DL: Disactivating NOD32 email scanning did not fix it. Emails are still
stuck in the Outbox. What else could it be? Maybe a Microsoft programmer
glitch that is still affecting users?

DL November 4th 08 01:30 AM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

Generally send/receive problems are cused by third party addins.
To test, reboot your PC into safe mode, does outlook then fuction correctly?
If so it means a third party background application is causing the problem

Peter Foldes November 4th 08 01:34 AM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

Did you try go Offline and then delete or see the following

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/mes...ckinoutbox.htm

--
Peter

Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) November 4th 08 02:15 AM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

Hmmm...I run Outlook 2007 on Vista 64 and have never had that problem.
What kind of mail server are you connecting to? POP3? IMAP? If you
Send/Receive manually do they go?

I'm curious to hear what the Safe Mode experiment reveals for you.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

:

scorpionleather November 4th 08 03:24 AM

Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

Peter, if I exit Outlook and then start Outlook again the stuck messages are
sent. The proposed solutions in the article are much worse than just
restarting Outlook. But the whole point is that I shouldn't have to
re-start Outlook when I discover that messages supposed to be sent two days
ago were never sent.