Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

Old November 4th 08, 03:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
scorpionleather

Default Major flaw in Outlook 2007: emails stuck in outbox

DL: I have no third-party add-ins whatsoever. It's apparently not caused by
third party add-ins. That's why there are so many reports of this problem
on the web with no solution, because there's something under the hood in the
nuts and bolts of Outlook itself that is causing this.

Old November 4th 08, 03:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
scorpionleather

The accounts are IMAP. Send/receive manually does not get them un-stuck
from the Outbox. Restarting the whole application is the only thing that
works. It wouldn't be practical to do the Safe Mode test because this
problem is intermittent and I could sit there for days inside Safe Mode
waiting for it to happen. I have a very "standard" install of Vista and MS
Office and standard apps that do not use plug-ins for Outlook, so I think
Microsoft could easily reproduce it and fix it in some upcoming bug fix.

Old November 4th 08, 04:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

don't set autosend to more frequently than about 8 -10 min, especially if
you have a lot of accounts or IMAP folders to sync. Don't hit the
Send/Receive button or F5 more frequently than 8 -10 min for the same
reason.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old November 4th 08, 04:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
scorpionleather

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
don't set autosend to more frequently than about 8 -10 min, especially if
you have a lot of accounts or IMAP folders to sync. Don't hit the
Send/Receive button or F5 more frequently than 8 -10 min for the same
reason.

Interesting, thanks Diane. I changed auto send/receive from 6 minutes to 10
minutes. Let's see what happens. That makes me curious why should that
make any difference? What kind of glitch is circumvented in these long
timescales that are minutes-long?

Old November 4th 08, 08:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_4_]

"scorpionleather" wrote in message
DL: I have no third-party add-ins whatsoever.

I bet you have. In Outlook do Tools-Trust center-Addins and see what's
listed there.

Old November 4th 08, 08:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_4_]

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
don't set autosend to more frequently than about 8 -10 min, especially if
you have a lot of accounts or IMAP folders to sync. Don't hit the
Send/Receive button or F5 more frequently than 8 -10 min for the same
reason.

Interesting, thanks Diane. I changed auto send/receive from 6 minutes to
10 minutes. Let's see what happens. That makes me curious why should
that make any difference? What kind of glitch is circumvented in these
long timescales that are minutes-long?

It's to do with responses to and from the mail server - not sure of the
technical details, but if you set up a new email account you will see that
the default send/receive time interval is ten minutes.....that's the reason.

Old November 4th 08, 08:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
scorpionleather

It shows several Microsoft add-ins such as Office Groove, and to my surprise
it also shows Apple iTunes as a COM plug-in for Outlook. What the $%%$ is
iTunes doing in there? Is the Apple marketing dept. following ideas from
spyware and the shady practices of RealNetworks? The iTunes installer never
asked me if I want to integrate with Outlook, I have no idea what this is
doing to my emails, but there it is..

Old November 4th 08, 09:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_4_]

"scorpionleather" wrote in message
It shows several Microsoft add-ins such as Office Groove, and to my
surprise it also shows Apple iTunes as a COM plug-in for Outlook. What
the $%%$ is iTunes doing in there? Is the Apple marketing dept. following
ideas from spyware and the shady practices of RealNetworks? The iTunes
installer never asked me if I want to integrate with Outlook, I have no
idea what this is doing to my emails, but there it is..

Disable them all and see if that cures the problem. if it does, add them
back one by one until you find the culprit.....

Old November 4th 08, 01:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"scorpionleather" wrote in message

It shows several Microsoft add-ins such as Office Groove, and to my
surprise it also shows Apple iTunes as a COM plug-in for Outlook. What
the $%%$ is iTunes doing in there? Is the Apple marketing dept. following
ideas from spyware and the shady practices of RealNetworks? The iTunes
installer never asked me if I want to integrate with Outlook, I have no
idea what this is doing to my emails, but there it is..

The iTunes add-in is a known problem-maker.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]