how to change the color of the title bar?

Old October 15th 08, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JD

Default how to change the color of the title bar?

Hi,

I just upgrade to MS office 2007. The whole theme is blue base in Outlook,
Words, etc. Is there a way to customize the colors? Their colors don't
follow what I set up (in "Display properties" - "Appearance") normally for
windows, e.g. the color for active window's title bar. My setup is
overwritten in Office.

Any help is much appreciated.

JD

Old October 16th 08, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

The only color choices are in the Office orb, options dialog from any office
app.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old October 16th 08, 01:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JD

Hello Diane,

Could you be more specific about Office orb? What is it? Thanks for any
further help.

JD

Old October 16th 08, 07:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Urbane Tiger[_2_]

gDay,

The orb is either a white bodied spider or it's a round thing with the
Office Logo at Top Left of a Window - in your case its probably the latter.

Not available in main Outlook window (dunno why not), only available from OL
Compose & Viewer windows or other Office apps.

Anyway click the round thing at TLC in Word, PPT or OL Viewer/Compose
Window, click the ???? Options button at Bottom Right of dialogue windpw.
In the first pane you should see a selector box labeled "Color Scheme" -
that's where you can change it to "Black", "Blue" or "Silver" - if you want
something else you might want to try your luck with one of the Dock
utilities - but I wouldn't.

Orb spiders are harmless - I think, but to be safe don't go clicking them.

Old October 16th 08, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Not available in main Outlook window (dunno why not), only available from
OL Compose & Viewer windows or other Office apps.

The orb is part of the ribbon and the main outlook window does not have a
ribbon - in part because of complexity of outlook and the lack of time to
make it work correctly. The next version should have it.

It's used in the forms because they use word as the underlying editor and it
supports the ribbon.

Old October 29th 08, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Kidsauth

Thanks to you and Diane for answering this question. I was futilly trying to
figure out why the title bars of the Office programs would not change like
every other program on my computer.

I do not have serious visual problems (yet), but I need to make sure that
the fonts are large, often boldface, and the contrast is sufficient. The best
I could do with Office 2007 was the "Black" choice, which still uses what
amounts to a dark shade of gray on a slightly less dark background. I
sincerely hope that the next version will provide more visual freedom for
accessibility.

It sounds like you have some inroads with the designers. Would you please
pass on to them that losing the ability to modify the look and feel of
Windows is not an advance.

Thank you.