I need help getting started

Old October 3rd 08, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
laura

Default I need help getting started

I have Office 2007 and I am having trouble getting my e-mail address
configured with Outlook. I get to the point where they want me to log into
the server but when I input my information it doesn't accept it. I don't know
what I am doing wrong. PLEASE HELP!
Old October 3rd 08, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_4_]

"Laura" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and I am having trouble getting my e-mail address
configured with Outlook. I get to the point where they want me to log into
the server but when I input my information it doesn't accept it. I don't
know
what I am doing wrong. PLEASE HELP!

Go to the website of your Mail provider - I expect they will have a detailed
page on how to set up Outlook.

Old October 3rd 08, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jonathan Morningstar

Laura,
I agree with Gordon. Make sure that you have your email address, user id
(usually your email address), password, incoming and outgoing servers.

Who is your email provider?

Respectfully,

Jonathan Morningstar
Greenville, South Carolina USA

Old October 3rd 08, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_4_]

"Laura" wrote in message
news
I use Yahoo

OK - is that yahoo.com and if so is it a paid-for account?

Old October 3rd 08, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
laura

it is yahoo.com and it is not paid for..I am guessing I need to pay to get
the version that will work? if so... id there any that I can use that I do
not have to pay for?

Old October 3rd 08, 06:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_4_]

"Laura" wrote in message
it is yahoo.com and it is not paid for..I am guessing I need to pay to get
the version that will work? if so... id there any that I can use that I do
not have to pay for?

That's correct - yahoo.com will not allow POP access unless you pay for it.
If you're in UK or (I think) France you can have a yahoo.co.uk or .fr
account which will allow free pop access.
The only other option which allows free POP access is a Googlemail
account...

Old October 3rd 08, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alias[_9_]

Gordon wrote:
"Laura" wrote in message
it is yahoo.com and it is not paid for..I am guessing I need to pay to
get
the version that will work? if so... id there any that I can use that
I do
not have to pay for?

That's correct - yahoo.com will not allow POP access unless you pay for
it. If you're in UK or (I think) France you can have a yahoo.co.uk or
.fr account which will allow free pop access.
The only other option which allows free POP access is a Googlemail
account...

Any yahoo domain other than .com or .ca will work. Their
pay-for-an-email account plan didn't exactly take off ;-)

Alias
Old October 4th 08, 12:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jason

I was going to say you don't normally use the full email address for the
logon name - this applies to ISP's. I think Yahoo just uses just the logon
name without yahoo.

Old October 4th 08, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jason

I don't pay for it but you will not be able to log in until you have gone
into mail options on there website and enabled POP access.