Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   outlook2003 doesn't retain password, using a blackberry too. (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/76880-outlook2003-doesnt-retain-password-using.html)

Darkman [Gothic San Diego] August 13th 08 06:20 AM

outlook2003 doesn't retain password, using a blackberry too.

"Brian Tillman" wrote in message
Darkman [Gothic San Diego] wrote:

I have read thru all these posts here regarding password retension in
outlook 2003, recreated a profile, done the registry fix by adding
permissions to the Protected Storage System Provider
reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684/en-us

However there was no:
The user subkey folder resembles the following example:
S-1-5-21-124525095-708259637-1543119021-16701

it was empty except for the (default) entry, no user identity, and I
don't knwo how to create one.

If you have a functioning Windows system, this simply cannot be true for
every SID on your system. There will be at least one SID that will not be
empty.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Please see the link below for a screen shot of the registry to see what I am
talking
about, and what you say cannot be true, thank you.
Larry

http://www.darkmansdarkroom.com/newsgroup/registry.jpg

Brian Tillman August 14th 08 03:41 PM

outlook2003 doesn't retain password, using a blackberry too.

Darkman [Gothic San Diego] wrote:

Please see the link below for a screen shot of the registry to see
what I am talking
about, and what you say cannot be true, thank you.
Larry

http://www.darkmansdarkroom.com/newsgroup/registry.jpg

My fault for getting confused. I misunderstood what you were saying and
thought you mean that there were no SIDs under HKEY_USERS. Stupid on my
part, I know.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]