Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   How to hide local calendar (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/75447-how-hide-local-calendar.html)

Leo Bueno[_2_] July 20th 08 04:38 AM

How to hide local calendar

Using Outlook 2003, XP, and Exchange server.

I only have the need to use the calendar data that resides in the
server, however, Outlook opens with the local data (in a .pst file) so
that I have to uncheck that calendar and check the shared one to get
to it.

Since we just recently consolidated our calendars at the server, it is
confusing to still see the old caledar.

It would be nice to delete the local calendar, but Outlook will not
allow it.

Is there a way to at least hide it?

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_] July 20th 08 05:18 AM

How to hide local calendar

Where is your delivery location set for? Personal Folders or Exchange? If
you make the Exchange mailbox your default delivery location, uncheck the
calendar in personal folders and then close all calendars except for your
Exchange calendar, and then close Outlook, what calendar(s) show when you
restart.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Leo Bueno asked:

Leo Bueno[_2_] July 23rd 08 02:26 PM

How to hide local calendar

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:18:05 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
what@ever wrote:

Where is your delivery location set for? Personal Folders or Exchange? If
you make the Exchange mailbox your default delivery location, uncheck the
calendar in personal folders and then close all calendars except for your
Exchange calendar, and then close Outlook, what calendar(s) show when you
restart.

My email resides at the server (pardon the lack of technical
specificity).

I can check either calendar, or both. I usually check the server
calendar and then uncheck the local calendar, but the local calendar
keeps coming up.

todd September 5th 08 03:34 PM

How to hide local calendar

I have an exchange calendar and contacts and am leaving my company. How do i
create a local calendar in Outlook 2007? I do not have one in my folder
list. Then, how do i copy my calendar and contacts to them?

Thanks,
Todd

Diane Poremsky [MVP] September 5th 08 04:44 PM

How to hide local calendar

In your case, I'd try to export them - assuming the company doesn't have it
locked down. Or you can make a new pst and drag the items to it (File, New,
Outlook Data file).

What version of Outlook will you use at home? If 2002 or older, make a new
pst of the 97/2002 format and drag items to it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your