How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?

Old August 15th 08, 03:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Default How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?

I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority view.
I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peers
to see what they have to say about it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, asked:

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Old September 11th 08, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

On Aug 14, 10:26*pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" what@ever
wrote:
I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority view.
I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peers
to see what they have to say about it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, asked:

| On Aug 12, 10:43 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" what@ever| wrote:

|| Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is
|| no longer on the news server. (I mark all read after 2 days)
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
|| How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
|| After furious head scratching, asked:
||| After furious head scratching, jay wonders if you have any other
||| ideas...
|

| In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
| Custom Priority. *If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
| a blnak column is added. *It doesn't let me type in the field. *I see
| no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
| categories). *The context menu is unhelpful. *How can I use this
| field?
|

| Your reply ******
|

| Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

Hi Milly - Any feedback on this guy?
Old September 22nd 08, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

wrote:
I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority view.
I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peers
to see what they have to say about it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, asked:

| On Aug 12, 10:43 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" what@ever| wrote:

|| Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is
|| no longer on the news server. (I mark all read after 2 days)
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
|| How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
|| After furious head scratching, asked:
||| After furious head scratching, jay wonders if you have any other
||| ideas...
|

| In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
| Custom Priority. *If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
| a blnak column is added. *It doesn't let me type in the field. *I see
| no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
| categories). *The context menu is unhelpful. *How can I use this
| field?
|

| Your reply ******
|

| Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

Hey! What do your peers tell you?
Old October 7th 08, 05:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

wrote:

I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority view.
I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peers
to see what they have to say about it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, asked:

| On Aug 12, 10:43 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" what@ever| wrote:

|| Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is
|| no longer on the news server. (I mark all read after 2 days)
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
|| How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
|| After furious head scratching, asked:
||| After furious head scratching, jay wonders if you have any other
||| ideas...
|

| In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
| Custom Priority. *If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
| a blnak column is added. *It doesn't let me type in the field. *I see
| no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
| categories). *The context menu is unhelpful. *How can I use this
| field?
|

| Your reply ******
|

| Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

Hey! *What do your peers tell you?- Hide quoted text -

After furious head scratching, I wonder why this thread died? Still
an issue.
Old August 26th 10, 05:57 PM
Troy Bonds Troy Bonds is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peturpin View Post
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm
not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to
include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can
sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to.
If you still need a solution I found one. First, some fields in Outlook are not for the normal user, some developer put them in there so that Outlook would work with there add-in. You're probably trying to use one of those, don't, create your own user-defined field. I created one it works! I got the following instructions off another site:

Open the Field Chooser (either right-click a column header and choose Field
Chooser or click the button on the Advanced toolbar). From the Field
Chooser, select "User defined fields in folder" from the dropdown, then click
the New button. Enter the criteria for your new field and click OK. It will
appear in the list. Drag it to where you want it in your Tasks table view.