Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Drag-Drop (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/74790-drag-drop.html)

Bill Board July 8th 08 03:34 PM

Drag-Drop

I'm using Outlook 2007 but have tested it with Outlook 2003. I'm not sure
why but I can't drag-drop from Outlook to another application. For example:
I want to drag-drop an email message from Outlook to Outlook Express.
Doesn't work. I *can* drag the message to my desktop and the drag the
message from the desktop to Outlook Express, but directly from Outlook to
Outlook Express.

We have a customer written application that is drag-drop enabled and the
same thing happens. We want to drag a pdf file from an email (an attachment)
to our application. It doesn't work directly. I have to drag it to my
desktop and then from the desktop to our application.

Anyone know why this happens??

Thanks,
Bill