Download Message Error

Old June 17th 08, 10:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David Patterson

Default Download Message Error

When trying to receive mail in Outlook 2003 I receive a message "0x80042110
Your POP3 Server is providing inconsistent information. The number of
messages returned by the STAT command does not match the number of items
returned by the UIDL or LIST commands". I have had this message before and
found an answer in Microsoft's Knowledge Database. There was a file I had
to add in 'old' in the file name, reboot and restart Outlook and that fixed
the problem. I can't find this help topic anywhere in the Knowledge
Database now. Does anyone know what to do, please? (I know, I know - I
should have saved a copy of the solution the last time it happened!)

Thanks,

David.

Old June 17th 08, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

David Patterson wrote:

When trying to receive mail in Outlook 2003 I receive a message
"0x80042110 Your POP3 Server is providing inconsistent information. The
number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match
the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands". I have
had this message before and found an answer in Microsoft's Knowledge
Database. There was a file I had to add in 'old' in the file name,
reboot and restart Outlook and that fixed the problem.

For earlier versions of Outlook, that information was kept in a file, but
Outlook 2003 keeps it in a hidden message in the delivery location data
store, so there's no file to rename.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old June 17th 08, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David Patterson

Brian,

Thank you but I have previously performed the operation of amending the name
of a file with Outlook 2003 and it worked. If you think that is not right
for Outlook 2003 then how do I solve the problem?

Thanks,

David

Old June 17th 08, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

David Patterson wrote:

Thank you but I have previously performed the operation of amending
the name of a file with Outlook 2003 and it worked. If you think
that is not right for Outlook 2003 then how do I solve the problem?

Try a new mail profile.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]