"Find People" page appears whilst creating e-mails

Old June 2nd 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Laura

Default "Find People" page appears whilst creating e-mails

The "Find People" panel normally opens after pressing Ctrl + e.
Recently I have noticed when typing a message in the e-mail message page,
the "Find People" panel frequently opens when the letter e is pressed as
part of a word.
This recent phenomenon is annoying to say the least. Can anyone please
explain why this is happening and a possible solution (happened twice during
the preparation of this post)?
Laura

Windows XP SP3, MS Outlook Express 6.

Old June 2nd 08, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

The control key was identified as pressed - either the keyboard is bad, or
you have sticky keys or something similar enabled to make using ctrl easier.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old June 3rd 08, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Laura

Hi Diane,
I have searched the 'Help' menu without success for information on removing
the Ctrl + e from the shortcut list.
Can I cancel the shortcut key Ctrl + e, if so how?
Laura

Old June 3rd 08, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

AFAIK, you can't remap it. Are you using Ctrl+E for some other shortcut?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Laura" wrote in message
Hi Diane,
I have searched the 'Help' menu without success for information on
removing the Ctrl + e from the shortcut list.
Can I cancel the shortcut key Ctrl + e, if so how?
Laura

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote in message
The control key was identified as pressed - either the keyboard is bad,
or you have sticky keys or something similar enabled to make using ctrl
easier.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old June 3rd 08, 10:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Laura

Diane, I don't think Ctrl + e is used for other functions within Outlook
Express or any other programme in my computer.