outlook across trusted domains

Old April 18th 08, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default outlook across trusted domains

Need some help
I am running outlook 2003 client and my pc is on one domain.
I have an exchange box (2003) on another domain.
when I try to configure my account in outlook it just wont bring up
the server details and find the account.

The domain has a trust in place and if I do the same with outlook 2007
it works fine with the same account and will find the mailbox situated
on the server on the other domain.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Cheers
Kearse
Old April 19th 08, 08:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

On Apr 19, 4:17*am, "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:
are you using RPC over HTTP (outlook anywhere) ? *How is the system with
outlook 2007 configured? Does it have a hosts file?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

wrote in message

Need some help
I am running outlook 2003 client *and my pc is on one domain.
I have an exchange box (2003) on another domain.
when I try to configure my account in outlook it just wont bring up
the server details and find the account.

The domain has a trust in place and if I do the same with outlook 2007
it works fine with the same account and will find the mailbox situated
on the server on the other domain.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Cheers
Kearse- Hide quoted text -

yes its using RPC over HTTP. no hosts file , it should pick it up
through DNS however also using the direct IP address of the server
brings the same results.
Old April 19th 08, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

If it can find the server, it should allow you to access it - the computer
doesn't need to be on the same network - all that does is determine if you
can log on without entering a username/password to log onto outlook.

Can you ping the server? If you are off the network you may need to use a
hosts to set up the account unless you use a PRF. Or its trying to
connecting using classic exchange and can't since the ports are blocked. Or,
since even the IP won't work, is that the RPC over HTTP configuration is not
correct - start with the password auth setting, it's a common issue.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips: