Incomplete "reply to" address when replying to..

Old April 18th 08, 06:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

Default Incomplete "reply to" address when replying to..

If I sent an e-mail and someone replied to that message, when I get
the reply I see the e-mail address in the original message area is
correct except the .com part is not part of the link. It is like
there is a space before the . in .com, but there isn't and it isn't
a comma.

I have checked the address in my account setup and it is correct.
What might cause the reply to address to become corrupted like this?
The result is return messages are not arriving.

.... But you just said that when you get the reply... Which says
that return messages are arriving... so, lets start with clearing the
issue up a little.

You are
You mail
Mary replies to your email.

Do you get the reply?
Whose address has a space entered in it?
Where do you see the space?
If you got the reply, can you reply to it?

I'm just trying to understand exactly where the problem is, is it
just that the email address isn't correct in the text of the message,
or where does mail fail to be delivered?

If I had to guess, something along the line is putting in a space
into the message. If you're using a POP server, and there's a web
based access to your email, check there, make sure that the space is
visible there as well. If it is, ask the person replying to look at
the message in their sent items. If the space is there, then it
obviously isn't your problem. If it isn't there, try mailing them
from a different address, like a hotmail address or a gmail address,
and look at the reply there.

If there's no space your web based mail reader, then I'd look at
add-ins that Outlook has installed. Try starting it with a /safe
switch and see what happens.

My address shows as , which is correct (no space), but if
you link to it, the address shows

You might be right about the webmail suggestion, since Road Runner
just upgraded their webmail server, it might be that. I will call
them later today.

Call them about what? Webmail is just a way to *access* your mail. It doesn't
make any changes. Test before you call anyone.

I gave you some good troubleshooting steps. If you want to ignore them,
feel free.

--
-f.h.