Outlook 2003 ..multiple instances in the task manager

Old March 28th 08, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
*****************Meg

Default Outlook 2003 ..multiple instances in the task manager

Very often i find that Outlook is running with mulitple instances. and so
i have actually have 3 little notificaiton envelopes in the right hand
corner of my desktop, telling me i have new mail. THis is an indicator as
well as my not being able to get mail for a second group of email accounts
that i send/recieve from periodically.

Typically when this happens, i also get an error message when i start up
that says my outlook file did not close properly and needs to be checked.

I have run scanpst.exe and check and repair and everything seems to be okay.

I'm not sure if this is an ADD -IN problem, a problem because i use SHAREO,
or Snype or some other sync program for my pda (intellisync)

We have the ssame problem on another system same configuration but no Snype
and no intellsync, only the microsoft active sync program.

HELP!!

Old March 28th 08, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Very often i find that Outlook is running with mulitple instances.

....snip...
I'm not sure if this is an ADD -IN problem, a problem because i use
SHAREO, or Snype or some other sync program for my pda (intellisync)

Those are likely suspects. For others, see this:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]