Some JPG files cannot be open after Security Update for Outlook.

Old June 2nd 08, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
neo [mvp outlook]

Default Some JPG files cannot be open after Security Update for Outloo

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951701/

"Ronnie Guthrie" Ronnie wrote in message
Does anyone know if there has there been a permanent/superceding fix
issued
for this yet? I'd rather not have to un-install this 'hotfix' from all
our
Company computers!

"funnelbc" wrote:

I'd just like to confirm I've experienced the same thing. Happening on
any
jpeg files sent to our pc users.

Our macs all a

Mac OS: 10.4.11
Photoshop 10.0.1
Entourage 11.3.6

PC users are all Win XP service pack 2 installed and automatic updates
turned on. Same behavior as original poster, when a PC user tries to open
the
file they see cannot display preview.

Old July 9th 08, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Songo

Default Some JPG files cannot be open after Security Update for Outlook.

Thank you for your post.
I am surprise not alot has been written or posted about this problem.
I search for many key words and eventually found your post. I uninstalled
the security update KB94532 and it fixed the problem.
MInd you when i saved the JPG file into a temp directory and analyse the
security permissions etc, nothing looks peculiar about it... and tried to
view as a file, it wouldn't even do it, Weird!!!

" wrote:

Just recently some of the users cannot open some JPG files. After some
testing when file was saved through Outlook the size increased by ~30
KB and Windows Picture and Fax Viewer wasn't able to open the file.
When files was saved through OWA Windows Picture and Fax Viewer could
open the file fine. Tried to disable antivirus on outlook, server and
nothing helped. Eventually uninstalling "Security Update for Microsoft
Office Outlook 2003 (KB945432)" fixed the problem. Since then if the
file is saved through Outlook it opens fine.

Anybody experiencing this problem as well? Is there a way to fix this?
I would like to avoid uninstalling this update from all the computers.

Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB945432)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms08-015.mspx

Old July 11th 08, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Billaros

Some thing He
Windows XP SP2 PRO ENG
Microsoft Office 2003 SP3

JPG Files Saved from Photoshop CS3 - OSX Tiger 10.4
Removed KB945432 and files are viewable again
Didn't try to reapply the patch

The files was saved as JPEG from photoshop, if i save the files as "Save for
WEB" with JPEG and High the problem doesn't occur

"Rhino Smitty" wrote:

We are having the same issue. Anyone????

" wrote:

Anybody experiencing this?