'Stop Processing More Rules' not working

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 4th 08, 06:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Amit

Default 'Stop Processing More Rules' not working

Hi,

I am having some problems using ‘Stop processing more rules’ directive in
outlook rules. Specifically the 'Stop Processing More Rules' directive seems
to apply to a message regardless of whether or not the message meets the
condition specified in the rule. The result is that only the first rule in my
rule list seems to work. To be noted that the conditions that I am using
cause the rules to be 'Client Only'.

Details:
I have rules like this

“
Apply the rule after message arrives
If (some conditions are satisfied)
(take some action)
Stop processing more rules
“
The conditions that I am using make the rule 'Client Only'.

I was expecting that ‘Stop processing more rules’ would kick in only if the
condition specified in the rule is satisfied. But what I am seeing is that
the ‘stop processing more rules’ kicks in regardless of whether or not the
message meets the criteria specified in the rule. The result is that none of
the following rules, which have criteria that would have been satisfied and
would have processed that message, get executed.

Can people please point to a solution? Much appreciate your help in this
matter.