Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

Old January 29th 08, 05:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

Default Can't send e-mail with Outlook 2007

A few days ago Outlook stopped sending out my e-mails. The program
was working normally and even now, I am not getting any errors, but
no one is receiving (even me) any e-mail that I try to send. A copy
of the message appears in the sent items.

I am receiving e-mail just fine. My account works with webmail,
just not with Outlook 2007.

I have turned off both MacAfee Antivirus and Zone Alarm - same
problem.

I have tripled checked all my setting (SMPT Server, etc...) -- same
problem.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with Office 2007 SP1.

So, the message leaves the Outbox and moves into Sent Items, that
generally means that the mail server has taken responsibility for
delivery of the message. Have you checked with the ISP to verify that
they are or are not accepting the message?

Yes, They (Time Warner / Road Runner) say there is no problem on
thier end. My wife's can send her email just fine with her computer
(Office 2003). Her account is a sub account from mine.

Ok, but that isn't what you need to ask them.

What you need to tell them is this:

Hi, I can't send mail from my machine, but my mail client seems to think
it is being successfully submitted to your mail server. Can you help me
troubleshoot this by monitoring the SMTP connections to the server and verify
that my client is or isn't accepting the message?

And if they can't, ask to speak to someone who can.

Have you tried OE on the machine that isn't working? Does it work?

Also, Web Mail works.

Doesn't matter. Different protocols, different way to work.

--

-f.h.