Outlook 2007 filter on send by the From: field?

Old January 23rd 08, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Nathan H

Default Outlook 2007 filter on send by the From: field?

This seems simple, but I don't see how to setup a rule for the following.

Background:
I'm on an Exchange 2007 server using Outlook 2007 with rights to send as User2 (Options Tab - Show From, click From... select User2)

Problem:
I want to filter messages after being sent, and if the From: field is User2 then move the message to the User2 mail folder.

Tried:
Check message after sending
through the specified account (but only shows Microsoft Exchange)

Any ideas ?!

Thanks for any help,

Cheers,

Nathan

Old January 23rd 08, 06:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Nathan H wrote:

Problem:
I want to filter messages after being sent, and if the From: field is
User2 then move the message to the User2 mail folder.

Tried:
Check message after sending
through the specified account (but only shows Microsoft Exchange)

Why do you think "through the specified account" has anything to do with
your problem? You want the "from people or distribution list" or "with
specific words in the sender's address" condition.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 23rd 08, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Nathan H

Thanks for the info, but you missed a key point. I realize that the "specified account" is not where my problem is. If I was not on an Exchange server I could use it to do what I want (filter messages based on which email address I was sending as).

As far as I can tell, the "from people or distribution list" or "with specific words in the sender's address" conditions apply ONLY to incoming messages, not to messages I send.

I am changing the FROM field in a message I send to a different user. When I hit SEND I want the filter to look at the FROM field of that message and filter on it, so I need to start with a blank rule to "Check messages after sending", but there is no "from people" there, only "to people".

I thought there might be a way around this without putting some sort of trigger in the body or subject line.

Thanks!

Nathan

Old January 24th 08, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

category might be the easiest... add a category when you create the message.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old January 24th 08, 05:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Victor Ivanidze

Have a look at

http://www.ivasoft.com/unisent.shtml

Regards,
Victor Ivanidze

Old January 24th 08, 12:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Nathan H wrote:

Thanks for the info, but you missed a key point.

I sure did. I missed the "after being sent" part. Sorry.

You could assign it a ctegory before sending and use that, but I don't have
any good ideas. Sorry again.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]