Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Default Account keeps changing (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/65444-default-account-keeps-changing.html)

[email protected] January 20th 08 06:39 PM

Default Account keeps changing

I am running SBS 2003 and I have 2 Vista Laptops running Office 2007.
When I set an smtp account as the default account in Outlook, after I
reboot, my default email account gets changed back the Exchange
Account, which I don't want. This happens with 2 different laptops
belonging to 2 different users.

Is there a setting in SBS that overrides this each time the laptops
log onto the domain? I've gone through it and I can't find anything.

GJ.Oomens[_2_] January 21st 08 07:41 AM

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/defaultacct.htm
--
Gérard

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_] January 21st 08 10:55 AM

Yes, you can have both POP3 and Exchange in the same profile. As a matter of fact, you can have IMAP and HTTP in the same profile.

Please check your information before providing misleading answers.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Mary asked:

Brian Tillman January 21st 08 12:33 PM

Mary wrote:

You can't have both POP and Exchange in the same profile. You need to
set up separate profiles.

Huh?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

[email protected] January 21st 08 04:34 PM

" wrote:
I am running SBS 2003 and I have 2 Vista Laptops running Office 2007.
When I set an smtp account as the default account in Outlook, after I
reboot, my default email account gets changed back the Exchange
Account, which I don't want. This happens with 2 different laptops
belonging to 2 different users.

Is there a setting in SBS that overrides this each time the laptops
log onto the domain? I've gone through it and I can't find anything.- Hide quoted text -

I have had this hundreds of times before and just changed my default
to a POP3 with no problem. However, I decided to use SBS 2003 on my
network when I upgraded my office server because a number of my
clients use it, but now I have this issue.

Christian Goeller[_4_] January 21st 08 08:52 PM

, you wrote on Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:39:51 -0800
(PST):

I am running SBS 2003 and I have 2 Vista Laptops running Office 2007.
When I set an smtp account as the default account in Outlook, after I
reboot, my default email account gets changed back the Exchange
Account,

The article below describes (and solves) your problem:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/62

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net

rgc67 February 2nd 08 03:31 AM

On Jan 21, 12:52*pm, Christian Goeller
wrote:
, you *wrote on Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:39:51 -0800
(PST):

I am running SBS 2003 and I have 2 Vista Laptops running Office 2007.
When I set an smtp account as the default account in Outlook, after I
reboot, my default email account gets changed back the Exchange
Account,

The article below describes (and solves) your problem:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/62

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlookhttp://www.outlookfaq.net

Thanks guys. The way I ended up getting around it was that I added the
smtp addresses to the Active Directory for each user in the Email
Addresses tab and then set that smtp account as primary.