How get Outlook to Forward in HTML?

Old January 18th 08, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Steve Adams

Default How get Outlook to Forward in HTML?

When I forward a message that has a link, the new message is in "text only"
format.

How can I get it to "forward" in HTML?

Thanks,

Steve (XP Pro SP2, Office 2007)

Old January 18th 08, 03:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

what version of outlook and which folder are you in? does it happen with all
messages or just certain ones?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

. ..

Old January 18th 08, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Steve Adams wrote:

When I forward a message that has a link, the new message is in "text
only" format.

How can I get it to "forward" in HTML?

If the original message was in Plain Text, Outlook will always format a
reply or forward in Plain Text. It uses the format of the original message.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 18th 08, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Steve Adams

Thanks Diane and Brian.

No it does not happen with every email forwarded, but if I recieve an email
with a working hyperlinklink (colored and underlined) and try to forward it,
the link turns into regular text (de-activated). I am in "Inbox", in a
personal folder.

Is this an Outlook security setting, or do you have any ideas?

I use Outlook 2007 (part of Office 2007)

Old January 18th 08, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH

"Steve Adams" wrote in message
. ..
When I forward a message that has a link, the new message is in
"text only" format. How can I get it to "forward" in HTML?

(XP Pro SP2, Office 2007)

The underlining and coloring are simply your e-mail client parsing out
what it *thinks* are URLs and then makes them clickable within that
e-mail client. They never did have those special attributes. That is
how the e-mail client SHOWED them to you.

The e-mail you got was all plain text. There was no underlining or
coloring in the actual message. Plain-text messages don't have that
extra encoding for special formatting. They are, well, just plain
text. It doesn't matter that they don't show underlined and colored
in a forward or a reply or even when you compose a new e-mail.
Whether or not those strings that represent URLs show up as underlined
and colored as viewed by the recipient will depend entirely on what
e-mail client the recipient uses.

Not all e-mail clients go parsing through an e-mail looking for what
looks like URLs to then make them underlined, colored, and clickable.
Those are not attributes within the content of the e-mail. That is
how the e-mail *client* decided to present them visually.