Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   $25 Challenge (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/64344-25-challenge.html)

No Name January 3rd 08 05:42 PM

$25 Challenge

I will pay $25 via Paypal to the first person who can tell me how is insert
a page break in Outlook 2007. I want to be able to email me resume and 2
other sheets and have the recipiant print them out in proper format. I
don't want my resume cut off onto two pages. If you don't follow please
ask.

You need to have a Paypal account to receive payment.

Thanks

---Fitz--- January 3rd 08 06:12 PM

$25 Challenge

Use a Word program (or other similar free program) and send it as an
attachment.

No charge.

Brian Tillman January 3rd 08 07:35 PM

$25 Challenge

----- Mardman ----- ----- Mardman ----- wrote:

I will pay $25 via Paypal to the first person who can tell me how is
insert a page break in Outlook 2007. I want to be able to email me
resume and 2 other sheets and have the recipiant print them out in
proper format. I don't want my resume cut off onto two pages. If
you don't follow please ask.

Include them all in the same Word document, formatting them with page breaks
as you see fit.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

VanguardLH January 4th 08 12:44 AM

$25 Challenge

"Mardman" wrote in message
I will pay $25 via Paypal to the first person who can tell me how is
insert a page break in Outlook 2007. I want to be able to email me
resume and 2 other sheets and have the recipiant print them out in
proper format. I don't want my resume cut off onto two pages. If
you don't follow please ask.

HTML doesn't have *page* breaks because HTML is continuous per "page".
When you visit a web page, there aren't pages within that page.

You haven't sent a resume to many employers. They always ask for a
*file* with your resume. They don't want to save your e-mail. They
want the file so they can save it. So write it up in whatever doc
format the employer will accept and send that as an attachment. Most
employer will accept Word's .doc format (but if using Word 2007 then
use the older compatible .doc format). Even if the employer doesn't
have Word, the Word Viewer is a free download from Microsoft plus many
other office suites, like Open Office, can read Word docs.

Swifty January 4th 08 06:59 AM

$25 Challenge

----- Mardman ----- wrote:
I will pay $25 via Paypal to the first person who can tell me how is insert
a page break in Outlook 2007.

I won't add to the other solutions, but for future reference you've
pitched your bid too high. I usually find that $5 works well, although
I've gone as high as $100 once (a commercial product has a bug that
affects only me, so they won't fix it. I was trying to suborn one of
their developers into slipping it in quietly. I work for the same
company, so have access to the developer community).

In general, a more effective approach is the psychological one. Assert
that something cannot be done and most folks will bust a gut to prove
you wrong, showing you how it can be done in the process. This is about
the most effective weapon in my arsenal. You make yourself look a fool
in the process, but it's more foolish failing to get the answer you seek.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

F. H. Muffman January 4th 08 07:48 AM

$25 Challenge

"Swifty" wrote in message
----- Mardman ----- wrote:
I will pay $25 via Paypal to the first person who can tell me how is
insert a page break in Outlook 2007.

In general, a more effective approach is the psychological one. Assert
that something cannot be done and most folks will bust a gut to prove you
wrong, showing you how it can be done in the process. This is about the
most effective weapon in my arsenal. You make yourself look a fool in the
process, but it's more foolish failing to get the answer you seek.

Or, y'know, just ask. People around here like answering questions. Using a
psychological approach like that just makes you sound impatient, and you'd
be amazed how many people around here are quite good at picking out people
trying to play the system....
--
f.h.