Outlook 2003 - Move E-mail to Folder Using Rules (Dependant on Sender& When Received)

Old January 2nd 08, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Outlook 2003 - Move E-mail to Folder Using Rules (Dependant on Sender& When Received)

Hi,

I am trying to set up my outlook to automatically file emails from my
inbox to the appropriate folder for a sender but only after the have
been in my inbox for a set period of time.

Setting up a rule for moving the mail from a specific sender is fairly
straight forward and you can select a specific period in time such as:
02/01/08 - 09/01/08 but i cannot find a way to do this when an email
has been in my inbox for longer than a week. Can anyone help?

Regards

paulsmith999
Old January 2nd 08, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

Rules work when received or sent
vba / macro might be able to do this

Old January 2nd 08, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
paulsmith999

On 2 Jan, 19:30, "Brian Tillman" wrote:
wrote:
I am trying to set up my outlook to automatically file emails from my
inbox to the appropriate folder for a sender but only after the have
been in my inbox for a set period of time.

Setting up a rule for moving the mail from a specific sender is fairly
straight forward and you can select a specific period in time such as:
02/01/08 - 09/01/08 but i cannot find a way to do this when an email
has been in my inbox for longer than a week. *Can anyone help?

A rule cannot do this.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Thanks for posting. From both of your responses i am sure i am on the
wrong track with utilising rules for this but it has been suggested
that i may be able to use a macro / vba. I have very little
experience with these and that is with excel. Any suggestions on how
i may get started.

Regards

Old January 2nd 08, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

http://www.outlookcode.com

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, paulsmith999 asked: