Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Outlook 2003 - Move E-mail to Folder Using Rules (Dependant on Sender& When Received) (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/64235-outlook-2003-move-e-mail.html)

[email protected] January 2nd 08 03:50 PM

Outlook 2003 - Move E-mail to Folder Using Rules (Dependant on Sender& When Received)

Hi,

I am trying to set up my outlook to automatically file emails from my
inbox to the appropriate folder for a sender but only after the have
been in my inbox for a set period of time.

Setting up a rule for moving the mail from a specific sender is fairly
straight forward and you can select a specific period in time such as:
02/01/08 - 09/01/08 but i cannot find a way to do this when an email
has been in my inbox for longer than a week. Can anyone help?

Regards

paulsmith999

DL January 2nd 08 05:17 PM

Outlook 2003 - Move E-mail to Folder Using Rules (Dependant on Sender & When Received)

Rules work when received or sent
vba / macro might be able to do this

Brian Tillman January 2nd 08 07:30 PM

wrote:

I am trying to set up my outlook to automatically file emails from my
inbox to the appropriate folder for a sender but only after the have
been in my inbox for a set period of time.

Setting up a rule for moving the mail from a specific sender is fairly
straight forward and you can select a specific period in time such as:
02/01/08 - 09/01/08 but i cannot find a way to do this when an email
has been in my inbox for longer than a week. Can anyone help?

A rule cannot do this.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

paulsmith999 January 2nd 08 08:03 PM

On 2 Jan, 19:30, "Brian Tillman" wrote:
wrote:
I am trying to set up my outlook to automatically file emails from my
inbox to the appropriate folder for a sender but only after the have
been in my inbox for a set period of time.

Setting up a rule for moving the mail from a specific sender is fairly
straight forward and you can select a specific period in time such as:
02/01/08 - 09/01/08 but i cannot find a way to do this when an email
has been in my inbox for longer than a week. *Can anyone help?

A rule cannot do this.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Thanks for posting. From both of your responses i am sure i am on the
wrong track with utilising rules for this but it has been suggested
that i may be able to use a macro / vba. I have very little
experience with these and that is with excel. Any suggestions on how
i may get started.

Regards

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_] January 2nd 08 10:48 PM

Outlook 2003 - Move E-mail to Folder Using Rules (Dependant on Sender & When Received)

http://www.outlookcode.com

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, paulsmith999 asked: