Unable to open transfered e-mail into conventional files

Old December 21st 07, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Unable to open transfered e-mail into conventional files

I have always transfered e-mail into other files associated with
different projects and have used them for future reference. Recently
I have not been able to open those e-mail files located in those
external (outside Outlook) files and thus cannot retrieve those e-
mails. The e-mail file are still there as a footnote appears
discribing the file date and size but it will not open.
I believe I must have changes some setting but am at a lose as to what
needs to be corrected.
Any suggestions?
Old December 21st 07, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Durkee

What kind of files are they? If PST files, they need to be writable before
Outlook will open them, so if they're on a CD copy them to your C: drive
and/or make sure they aren't read only.

-Peter

Old December 22nd 07, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland

Are the emails saved individually as .msg files or are they contained in a
PST? Where are the files located?

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

Old December 23rd 07, 02:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

How are you trying to open them? DO you have Google Desktop Search installed? What happens if you uninstall it?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, asked: