"Move Message" Rule not working fully

Old December 15th 07, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Shane R. Pouch

Default "Move Message" Rule not working fully

I have created a rule that moves email messages that I receive with certain criteria. This is the description of the rule as seen in the Rules Wizard dialogue box:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with ' or ' in the sender's address
move it to the USEngineering folder

The problem? The rule is really just making a copy of each message meeting the criteria and placing the copy in the right folder, but is leaving the original message in the original folder? WHY?

I have other "move" rules that don't have this problem, and can't figure out why this one is any different.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks for your help,
Shane

Old December 15th 07, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F. H. Muffman

"Shane R. Pouch" wrote in message
t...
I have created a rule that moves email messages that I receive
with certain criteria. This is the description of the rule as seen
in the Rules Wizard dialogue box:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with ' or ' in the sender's address
move it to the USEngineering folder

The problem? The rule is really just making a copy of each message
meeting the criteria and placing the copy in the right folder, but is
leaving the original message in the original folder? WHY?

I have other "move" rules that don't have this problem, and
can't figure out why this one is any different.

I'd say you have another rule that these messages trigger and that's causing
the problem. Try adding 'and stop processing more rules' to this rule and
see if that resolves the problem.
--
f.h.

Old December 16th 07, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Shane R. Pouch

f.h.
Will the "and stop processing more rules" parameter keep rules from running
that are lower on the master list?

Old December 16th 07, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F. H. Muffman

"Shane R. Pouch" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

Yes. That's what it means. It means 'If this rule effects the message,
don't run any more rules against this message.'
--
f.h.

Old December 17th 07, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Shane R. Pouch

f.h.
Got it! I changed the settings to include the "and stop processing more
rules", and it took care of the problem!
Thanks for your help!
Shane